The Student Room Group

BMI of 16.1% - HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimbo1234
Or because people are too lazy to bother and would rather be unhappy then try. As you said, no one in this age of instant global communication has the excuse of being naive, yet many are because they don't want to actually commit themselves to gaining/losing weight.

You're essentially agreeing with my point, which is that people's mentality is just as big a factor in their relationship to food. So, simply saying 'eat more' is not going to help, because they know that already and it is something else which is getting in the way.
Reply 81

So you went off on some random tangent? Right.....:s-smilie:

Hmm.. 'eat more everything' .. to which i replied with a point about junk food? Actually very relevant. But whatever .

As for finances, no one is poor enough to be at OP's weight unless they spend money badly, and the chances of medical problems are incredibly small..

Could you possible be more stupid?

We are talking about the finances of 'eating more of everything'. Not everyone can afford to balanced diet of foods to eat 3000+ calories a day.

Think before posting.
Original post by Amwazicles
I barely exercise.. I don't gain weight. Why are you so reluctant to accept that people's state of mind affects their relationship with food?

i never said that it didnt, it doesnt for me but im aware that it does for others
Original post by Wozzie
This is all arguing for the sake of argument.

If I eat nothing but pizza for the next week the only thing that will happen is I'll put on weight, I'm not going to die of vitamin P deficiency and my muscles won't atrophy from a lack of protein.

If you want to argue try arguing the point, if the OP eats more and does less will they or will they not put on weight?

So you do every single thing that should be done the way it should be done? You for example never hold in a turd?

We can both be ultra literal or we can assume we're both human and cut each other a bit of slack at 1:30am. :rolleyes:

I'm going to ignore your last part because it's pointless and irrelevant.

The point I'm trying to make is, OP obviously knows that to put on weight, he has to eat more and be less active. Anyone who doesn't know that must live in some kind of cave. The question now is, why is OP not doing this? Or in some cases, why is it not working? (In the case of physical conditions, which are generally rare)
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
i never said that it didnt, it doesnt for me but im aware that it does for others

:rolleyes: Classic fallacious psychology. Did you know that when posed with a typical psychological question, such as "does marketing affect buying decisions?", almost everyone will say both these things: 1. It does affect people's decisions, and 2. It doesn't affect my decisions.

OF COURSE your own mind affects your eating habits, so does mine, so does everyone's on this thread and so does - :eek: - everyone, ever!
:rolleyes: Classic fallacious psychology. Did you know that when posed with a typical psychological question, such as "does marketing affect buying decisions?", almost everyone will say both these things: 1. It does affect people's decisions, and 2. It doesn't affect my decisions.

OF COURSE your own mind affects your eating habits, so does mine, so does everyone's on this thread and so does - :eek: - everyone, ever!

bull ****! my taste buds effect my eating, nothing else

You keep believing that, you're never going to have a healthy relationship with food.
That's really not a good idea. It might technically cause the body to store more of the calories it gets or whatever (I don't know this), but it's certainly not a healthy or sustainable way to do it. :erm:

Yup, I did say twice that it's not a healthy way to do it. I wasn't necessarily recommending that he did it. I just know that it works.
You keep believing that, you're never going to have a healthy relationship with food.

my relationship with food is fine thank you
my relationship with food is fine thank you

Of course it is. That'll be why you have a BMI of 40, then. Goodnight! :h:
Of course it is. That'll be why you have a BMI of 40, then. Goodnight! :h:

i dont have a BMI of 40 :wink:

just because i like junk food it doesnt mean i have an unhealthy relationship with food
i dont have a BMI of 40 :wink:

just because i like junk food it doesnt mean i have an unhealthy relationship with food

You have a BMI of 38. I don't think a technicality of 2 BMI points covers the fact you're morbidly obese and fat as ****.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
You have a BMI of 38. I don't think a technicality of 2 BMI points covers the fact you're morbidly obese and fat as ****.

im not morbidly obese, im obese, theres a difference
Original post by Tommyjw
Hmm.. 'eat more everything' .. to which i replied with a point about junk food? Actually very relevant. But whatever .

Not at all.
My post clearly states to simply increase the portions OP eats.

Could you possible be more stupid?

We are talking about the finances of 'eating more of everything'. Not everyone can afford to balanced diet of foods to eat 3000+ calories a day.

Think before posting.

Read what I said. :facepalm:

To have a bmi that low, he is clearly not buying enough food, so little that if he has a computer, he can afford to get more food as 16 is on the verge of anorexia.
All he needs to do is bump up his intake to the average 2500 so I have no idea where you got your 3000+ idea from.

Wrong, it is known that it is mental stability that effects weight, not your taste buds.
By that logic OP is underweight due to not liking the taste of food which I highly doubt.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
Not at all.
My post clearly states to simply increase the portions OP eats.

'Eat more of everything'. The mere mention of 'everything' defines you suggest eating more of every kind of food. Thus to comment on eating more junk food, as i did, it valid. Clear point.

To have a bmi that low, he is clearly not buying enough food, so little that if he has a computer, he can afford to get more food as 16 is on the verge of anorexia.
All he needs to do is bump up his intake to the average 2500 so I have no idea where you got your 3000+ idea from.

Massive over generalization again.

I went to a dietician. Told 2000 calories was my bmr even though i am quite far underweight. Due to metabolism and such. This along with the walking i do and fairly active sport life, i needed 2700+ to 'break even' so to speak. Thus to even see a reasonable increase in weight (500 excess calories a day being a pound a week gain) i'd need 3000+ . My talks with her also noted that my example was not uncommon with people around my age with around my kind of lifestyle.

So to summarise. I could eat 2500 calories a day and still stay skinny, even lose weight.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by hatemylife
I hate people like you who cannot understand that some people's bodies are different to others.

I hate people like you who have no idea what they're talking about.

Wrong, it is known that it is mental stability that effects weight, not your taste buds.
By that logic OP is underweight due to not liking the taste of food which I highly doubt.

i disagree with that, ive always been mentally strong
because im bitter (and i dont mind admitting that) i would love to be in the position of a skinny person that needs to put on weight, they dont need to worry what they eat, if they fancy something they can have it (im not saying they should live on junk) but its much harder to diet and cut things out IMO and i know which i would rather have to do

What a ridiculous statement.
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
What a ridiculous statement.

no it isnt
no it isnt

Erm YES it is. In fact a lot of your posts on this thread are unfathomable.

It just shows how little you know about eating, mindset and everything else that goes with it.

Quick Reply

Latest