The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Offers 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Conditional Offer AAB for BA Politics. Sent ucas on the 20th October and recieved offer 8th November
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Applied on the 28th October but not heard anything back yet, scareddd
Reply 22
I applied for Economics in September and haven't heard back… ah!!!
Reply 23
Original post by alexinez
History V100 got an offer today, conditional AAA :smile:))) sent off my application on the 14th of October

Original post by senu
WHOOOP SAME! Hey do they do interviews for history V100??

Original post by zoeleec
got a conditional offer of AAA for History V100 :biggrin: sent it on oct 13th and came exactly 2 weeks after I sent my application.
well done everyone! :smile: x

I've just started history at Nottingham this year, if you have any questions :h: Cannot believe it was a whole year ago that I was getting excited about my offer!!
Reply 24
Politics, AAB, conditional. :smile:

Oh and I sent my off on 13 October and received it 2 November.
Reply 25
just got mine yesterday to do maths :biggrin:
A*AB or AAA whichever i wants :biggrin:
Reply 26
Conditional for Mathematics with Study Abroad (G104) so happy :smile: Will definitely be my insurance if not firm. Offer was A*AB/AAA.
Reply 27
I shall be receiving a conditional offer from the University of Nottingham with offer grades to be determined on the Visit Day in an informal interview on the 15th February- they (physics and astronomy department) sent me a letter on Saturday 5th November stating "I am delighted to inform you that we shall be making you an offer of a place on your chosen course...[etc]". So, yep, I definitely have an offer from Nottingham for Physics with a chance for the offer grades to be negotiated down from their typical AAA if they like me I suppose! Congratulations all!
Reply 28
Original post by nlinh2911
^^
got an offer for economics

aab or abbb i study full 4 subjects :d nottingham is my insurance but i still feel so happy and relieved ^^

well done!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
I received a letter today confirming my offer and I've now booked a place onto the English Visit Day on the 17th February. ^^ Anyone else attending the same one?
AAA for english
Alsoooo, does anyone know what the offers mean? Why do some people get higher/lower offers than others? Is a higher offer a good thing as it means they hope you can achieve it, or NOT a good thing for whatever other reason?
I may be over-thinking this, but was just curious!
Reply 31
Original post by sammy-lou
AAA for english
Alsoooo, does anyone know what the offers mean? Why do some people get higher/lower offers than others? Is a higher offer a good thing as it means they hope you can achieve it, or NOT a good thing for whatever other reason?
I may be over-thinking this, but was just curious!

I think that there's generally no way to tell. A higher offer does mean that they expect that you can get those high grades, as they wouldn't give an offer at all if they just wanted to put you off... a lower offer generally means that they either think that's all that's necessary, or they want you particularly much. But sometimes there are generally a lot of high offers just because the competition's particularly fierce in a particular year.

There really is no way to tell, in my opinion. ^^;
Reply 32
Has anyone here applied for Medicinal and Biological Chemistry?
A*AA for H200 or A*BB for H201 + IELTS 6.0 (I'm international student).

Quite hard offer, i expected A*AB (I've got A* in Maths)

Propably my insurance, or firm if Cambridge and Imperial will not give me offers.

I'm over the moon!
Reply 34
Original post by PhysicsMan
I shall be receiving a conditional offer from the University of Nottingham with offer grades to be determined on the Visit Day in an informal interview on the 15th February- they (physics and astronomy department) sent me a letter on Saturday 5th November stating "I am delighted to inform you that we shall be making you an offer of a place on your chosen course...[etc]". So, yep, I definitely have an offer from Nottingham for Physics with a chance for the offer grades to be negotiated down from their typical AAA if they like me I suppose! Congratulations all!

You will find that you have a very informal meeting with one of the staff followed by, probably, their standard offer. Is it really AAA now. It was AAB two years ago. However, they have no trouble filling the places whatever the offer.
Reply 35
Unconditional for Civil and Environmental Engineering (H295). Got it yesterday evening.

:smile:
Reply 36
Conditional (AAB) for Theology :smile:
Reply 37
AAB for mechanical engineering:biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by olddad
You will find that you have a very informal meeting with one of the staff followed by, probably, their standard offer. Is it really AAA now. It was AAB two years ago. However, they have no trouble filling the places whatever the offer.

What do you mean by "however, they have no trouble filling the places whatever the offer"- it may just be me, but it's worded quite... strangely. Thanks for the information anyway! I'll just wait and see for what offer I get, even if it is AAA then I should be fine.
ABB for Computer Science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending