Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Yay! conditional offer to study English and French at Holloway!! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
I've got an interview for Physics (F300) on 29th Feb. Originally not that interested in RH but because of how much they focus on particle physics i'm quite excited!
This is just a little something for anyone who has an offer for Psychology and hasn't had a chance to go to an open day yet.

Patrick is a god. (Especially when he's dressed up as a woman...And I'm telling you, that in itself is a good enough reason to choose Royal Holloway for Psychology: our end of year Christmas pantomimes. There's nothing quite like getting drunk with your lecturers and being there at that awkward (and yet utterly amazing) moment when one of them suggests having sex with the other one. And they're both blokes. And one of them is a Professor who wears tweed.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QW-JGbFH8A
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:

OFFER FOR ENGLISH LITERATURE AND CLASSICSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! SO HAPPY, I THOUGHT I'D BEEN REJECTED AS MY PS WAS SO ENGLISH FOCUSED OMG OMG YES! *runs out of energy* :biggrin:

Hey congrats :smile: I got an offer for English and Classics too! Did you come to the Classics open day?
Original post by Chuck1993
Hello :smile: Congrats on your offer!
My interview is on the 29th of February so I guess I have ages to prepare. Did they ask you anything really specific about biology or was just a nice chat to 'get to know you'? I'm not sure either one is better xD

So sorry - didn't realise you'd replied!
They grilled me on my personal statement and asked me lots about Biology, if I'm honest. But they were lovely, tried to make me feel as relaxed as possible and I enjoyed the day.

Made RHUL my firm choice yesterday :biggrin:
Original post by tigerlilygem
Hey congrats :smile: I got an offer for English and Classics too! Did you come to the Classics open day?

Hey :smile: congrats to you too! Nope I wasn't able to make it :frown: how did you find it?
Hey :smile: congrats to you too! Nope I wasn't able to make it :frown: how did you find it?

Aw shame :/ It was really good, we met the head of Classics and sat in on a lecture and stuff. Have you been on other open days?
Original post by jhtachyons
I've got an interview for Physics (F300) on 29th Feb. Originally not that interested in RH but because of how much they focus on particle physics i'm quite excited!

Trust me.. for particle physicists it's haven :tongue: gl
Reply 188
Original post by Luckyk
ABB offer for BioMed :biggrin:

If you don't mind me asking: did you have to attend an interview???? And well done on your offer :biggrin:
Reply 189
AAA offer for Management :biggrin:
I got an offer for history and politics :smile: anyone going to the visit day in March? :smile:
Reply 191
AAB offer for Management with accounting :smile:
Original post by ibysaiyan
Trust me.. for particle physicists it's haven :tongue: gl

thank you :smile: do you go there? I literally don't know ANYTHING about it even their standard offer for Physics :frown:
thank you :smile: do you go there? I literally don't know ANYTHING about it even their standard offer for Physics :frown:

Indeed. Their offer range is AAB-ABB. Have you been offered for an interview? What would you like to know about the department ? :smile:
Indeed. Their offer range is AAB-ABB. Have you been offered for an interview? What would you like to know about the department ? :smile:

Yes :smile: I've got an interview on the 29th Feb, I'm so scared! How many contact hours do you get p/w on average? And is there much integration between the professors and students? Like are they willing to help if you're stuck with something and stuff? That's something that's quite important to me haha! Most importantly I guess I'd like to know, what is it that you like about going there? (P.S. thank you!)
Yes :smile: I've got an interview on the 29th Feb, I'm so scared! How many contact hours do you get p/w on average? And is there much integration between the professors and students? Like are they willing to help if you're stuck with something and stuff? That's something that's quite important to me haha! Most importantly I guess I'd like to know, what is it that you like about going there? (P.S. thank you!)

Good luck! :P nothing to worry about... all the lecturers and students are friendly :P it was the social atmosphere which attracted me to rhul. We get about 21 hours pw (first year) and an hour of tutoring session which is compulsory , where you get to have a one on one discussion with your own personal tutor :P
I am liking it so far , the department ensures we don't have anytime for a break ( kidding) but they keep us busy :P <3 loving the content and the lecturers are fun.You can ask for help to anyone at anytime as long as it's before the department's closing time :P

It's fun :P you get help from Ph.d students for your lab work ( twice a week) , compulsory examples class to get more maths related help , again by Ph.D students.

I have exam to prepare for :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Good luck! :P nothing to worry about... all the lecturers and students are friendly :P it was the social atmosphere which attracted me to rhul. We get about 21 hours pw (first year) and an hour of tutoring session which is compulsory , where you get to have a one on one discussion with your own personal tutor :P
I am liking it so far , the department ensures we don't have anytime for a break ( kidding) but they keep us busy :P <3 loving the content and the lecturers are fun.You can ask for help to anyone at anytime as long as it's before the department's closing time :P

It's fun :P you get help from Ph.d students for your lab work ( twice a week) , compulsory examples class to get more maths related help , again by Ph.D students.

I have exam to prepare for :P

You are so amazing thank you - so considering RHUL now! Honestly thank you so much - might see you when I have my interview!
Reply 197
Has anyone else with an offer for English been invited to an open day?
Any Mature or Classics prospectives had a response yet?
Reply 199
I've got an offer to do Criminology and Sociology there yay :smile: It's probably my second or third choice - only thing holding me back is that many people say the night life is rubbish, also when I visited it it felt like Egham was in the middle of nowhere. Someone reassure me that royal holloway is a fun uni please aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending