The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
You mean the on-line accommodation application thingy? All I can find on the site is a message saying that it should be up and running in January... which is nearly over...
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
LOL! Yes...That'd be it. And I wasn't just being dumb, then. Thanks
Reply 3
It is up and running now, i applied yesterday!

Jo

xxx

(hopefully i have got it in early enough to be able to get my preference :confused: )
Reply 4
I'm a bit confused. It says in the 'My Digs' prospectus thing that to apply you need a username and password that will have been included in your offer letter. I have looked all through the material that I received and I can't find anything that remotely resembles a username or password.

Whereabouts was it on other people's letters?

Or have I totally misunderstoof everything and do you have to firmly accept an offer before you can get the username and password?
Reply 5
I've attached a copy of the only letter that I was sent. Should I have received an additional letter from the School of Law?
Reply 6
TommehR
I'm a bit confused. It says in the 'My Digs' prospectus thing that to apply you need a username and password that will have been included in your offer letter. I have looked all through the material that I received and I can't find anything that remotely resembles a username or password.

Whereabouts was it on other people's letters?

Or have I totally misunderstoof everything and do you have to firmly accept an offer before you can get the username and password?

you would know if you had it i think. i got a letter with the my dig's brochure in it, and a letter was also enclosed, which said that i can now apply for accmmodation, visit their website. your user name is .......... and password is ..........
Reply 7
joeybee
you would know if you had it i think. i got a letter with the my dig's brochure in it, and a letter was also enclosed, which said that i can now apply for accmmodation, visit their website. your user name is .......... and password is ..........
Hmm, I'll go and have one more look and ask my mum if she's seen anything like that. In the meantime I've e-mailed the KCL Accommodation Office in the hope that they can help me. I think I'll have to ring up the School of Law though and get them to send it again.

Grr, thanks for your help.
Reply 8
Whilst we're hovering round the subject, does anyone know how long it will take king's to get back in touch once the application has been sent off. All you get on the website is a message saying "thanks for applying!" i need something in writing, it'd be much more reassuring, just so i know it has all gone through okay.
I think i saw somewhere that it will take three weeks to get a letter about it, though i might be wrong, anybody know?
Reply 9
Has anyone else had the problem caused by being a deferred student? I applied last year but deferred to start in Sept 06, but when I tried to log on it tells me that my account has been deactivated. When I called the accommodation office, they said that it won't work for deferred students so to download the paper application - which I did, but I'm now a little worried about it.

For those of you who have applied online, could anyone reassure me that the online application is the same as the hard copy (it's available as pdf on the accommodation section of the KCL site)? Plus how do you rank your preferences online? I just stuck numbers in the boxes, 1 to whatever!

I realise I may be being slightly paranoid over this... but I'd rather find out I've done something wrong now than when I don't get a place in accommodation!
How long after you made Kings your firm choice did the username/password work? It's being slow. =|
day after.

Latest