The Student Room Group

how long does it take after PGCE application is sent!

I applied for the PGCE primary at Liverpool Hope a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard anything, and I'm getting really worried that I haven't even been selected for an interview.

I was just wondering if anyone knew roughly how long it takes to hear back from their first choice?

I received the guide from GTTR last week, so I have been on track everyday near enough to see if anything has been updated, but there has been no change =S

thanks
Reply 1
Up to 28 days - though we might not be interviewed before January or February, as explained in the Welcome Letter.
Reply 2
Last year, I sent my application a few days after you could send it (so start of Oct), and was emailed by my first choice uni to say I had an interview just 7 days before the interview date which was 24/11/2010.
I was told on 07/12/10 I had a place.

My interview was the first one held that year, and they were running two interview days a week from then.

As you can see, it took a while to be contacting for interview, but the ball gets rolling pretty quickly after that.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by GDP
Up to 28 days - though we might not be interviewed before January or February, as explained in the Welcome Letter.

I've just checked the welcome letter again can't find that statement anywhere I have to agree with Jamie1986, I applied last year and received an e-mail from my university very soon I think it was maybe two weeks after I application had been referred.

I think leaving the interviews until January and February is far too late to stop. I think they gave me three weeks to prepare before my interview for the interview, and I remember because of the snow that my interview was in early December.

My plan would be hopefully to be accepted on PGCE course before January and then it leaves the time to go to China for a few months before the course commences. Fingers crossed
Universities will still be interviewing late applicants for less popular courses (e.g. secondary mathematics) next summer.
Reply 5
"Providers may delay making offers until their allocation has been confirmed, which may mean that decision are not made until February" GTTR Welcome letter.

Is secondary math really not popular? why is it so?
Original post by GDP
Is secondary math really not popular? why is it so?

Plenty of more highly-paid alternative careers?
Reply 7
Original post by Mr M
Plenty of more highly-paid alternative careers?

You've got a point :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending