The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think it may help if you siad what subject you are applying for- sorry i can't help, they didn't call me for interview- just a straight Geography offer...
Reply 2
oh oopsy I'm applying for pharmacy :biggrin: I didn't think "non-pharmacy" people would go on this sub-forum.

maoam x
Reply 3
yeah i got my interview ..my first one aswell quite nervous though aswell
Reply 4
ooo good luck with it might see you there :smile:

maoam x
Reply 5
I went to their interview last year and I thought it was a complete sham.

Its extremely informal... basically they split a room up into four sections, put a table in each corner of the room and called you up. Whilst everyone else was in the room, ie. applicants and parents with loads of noise going on in the background. I thought it was really badly organised, and that lack of organisation made me realise that Kingston was not the place for me.

So basically do not be worried at all... if anything its a good thing to go to the interview because then you will be put off like i was. Kingston is only useful for an insurance.

In other words, dont panic it will be fine and they will probably give you an offer.
Reply 6
Well I went today they gave me an offer of BBC but i thought it was an awful place I would hate to go there. This time they called people separatley and the interview was held in separate offices so wasn't too bad. How did everyone else find it and what did you think?

maoam x
Reply 7
i didnt like the area

i stayed in the hotel over nite and it was awfull city

i got offered BBB ...wat subjects do you do maoam? i h8 it wen the offer different offeres man

interview wasnt challengin at all.
Reply 8
I do biology, psychology and chemistry, what about you? My predicted grades were crap though BCC so maybe thats why I got a slightly lower offer no point in asking for 3 A's from me. Who interviewed you? and what were you wearing, I was the one with the red beret :biggrin:

maoam x
Reply 9
i cant remember his name lol

i do maths chem and bio

he had glasses on and a blue strip white shirt

he was the one that gave that presentation i think
Reply 10
Hi,

I am a 2nd year pharmacy student.I did'nt get any interview to start at Kingston so I am quite surprised. well all I would advise is that u wud be tested on ur basic knowledge of A level chemistry and other aptitude test cos i had that. But any thing after that,wont be hard, remeber its a new school of pharmacy.U'll be alright.
Reply 11
hi r u at kingston?

how is it?

is the pharmacy course good?
they offered me a place too.
Was there a large scottish guy there called Chris? :smile:
Reply 13
im at the uni now studying pharmacy and ill be honest with you ive been here a month and im kicking myself. on the verge of dropping

my advice apply or a proper uni
Reply 14
I was thinking of applying there. Is it really that bad? What don't you like about the uni?
Reply 15
when i applied to kingston for pharmacy (last year) they didnt give my an interview. just got called in for open day! must be to do with predicted grades ryt?

i actually quite liked the building, the atmosphere wasnt as comfortable as say kings or LSOP (woooo), and the travel was too much. but suppose its useful as an insurance.
Reply 16
zahra_89
I was thinking of applying there. Is it really that bad? What don't you like about the uni?

Well just to let you know that i hated it so much ive dropped out.
mianly due to somw personal reasons but also i had second thought on the uni altogether was dreading to go back after eid.

firstly when you go to university you want to feel as if your at one kingston im afraid lacks that atmosphere the building itself for starters looks like one big college, when i first stepped in i was like what the hell this is like my secondary school. sure there is new development going on and the area is very nice but thats long way off.

as for the teaching its okish there where a few good lecturers and also some who just rushed through the material which wasnt very helpful.

if your planning on moving to kingston from another city then i wouldnt reccomend it 70% of the class i was in seemed to commute it seemed like a commuters uni so after lectures dont expect to find anyone to chill on your course, on top of that weekend those that do live in the same halls as you well they go home aswell so your pretty much to yourself. if you do live in london then i doubt its much of a problem just grab the tube and spend the weekend in the comfort of your own home.

quite frankly although the uni does offer pharmacy i guess it mainly attracts those doing buisness like degrees and its known for its aerospace in engineering field, pharmacy relatively new so i cant really comment much oin that and for some reason i dont seem to see it popping to the top ten in the neoxt 5-8 years.

i wasnt happy at all, and i'd seriosuly reccomend you work hard and apply a more reputable uni such as aston/manchester/kings (kingstons ranked 89th for a reason - and i learnt the hard way). remember uni days are the best days of your life dont plan on spending it in a ex polytechnic college!!!
well said

Latest

Trending

Trending