The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kerily
OP, you are a star. :moon:

Apparently maths at UCL has a 12% acceptance rate :smug:

I'd love to know what's most competitive - the spreadsheet reckons UCL medicine has a 15% acceptance rate, which sounds a bit weird compared to the maths one (you'd expect it the other way round).

Yeah UCL acceptance rates are wack :O 15% acceptance rate for chem compared to 24% at oxford. Makes me feel soooooo good though. Hands up who is already at uni and using this spreadsheet just to feel good about themselves.

What year are you in? I know a lot of maths people.
Reply 21
That is terrifying.
Reply 22
Turns out the drop-down lists don't work in 2007 - Excel didn't think it important to tell me this!

I've now fixed it so that it should (fingers crossed!) work on 2007 with no problems. Download here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21620788/Acceptance%20Rates%202007.xlsx
Original post by logiadoevus
Turns out the drop-down lists don't work in 2007 - Excel didn't think it important to tell me this!

I've now fixed it so that it should (fingers crossed!) work on 2007 with no problems. Download here:

So the acceptance rates at my unis range from 10%-21%, and the 21% is Cambridge... I'll be happy when I get my first offer.
Just type in your course type. Some have various names, so try a few. Worked for me. Thanks a bunch OP!

EDIT: Hold on, the box at the very bottom changes accordingly, but the one with the actual acceptance rates don't. Does this mean a lack of data or...?
(edited 12 years ago)

Omg. Thank you! :hugs:

Have some cake!
Reply 26
Works perfectly now, thanks!
Reply 27
YAY THANK YOU :biggrin:

what category of group would you say geography goes in?!!? :biggrin: xx
Original post by Sadsnail

Earth sciences.
7%?!?! For Medicine at UEA. Woah.
I cant see it.
Can someone tell me Warwicks for history and politics?
Pretty please.
Reply 31

That's a good question - try different groups and look at the courses in them - see what seems closest? The categories are not perfect, but it's what UCAS use, so we're stuck with them :smile:

Schemilix
Hold on, the box at the very bottom changes accordingly, but the one with the actual acceptance rates don't. Does this mean a lack of data or...?

The acceptance rate is based on the course group, not the specific course - this is the data that UCAS provides, acceptance rates for specific courses are not available.. The box at the bottom is for indication of how many of the total (all unis) courses in the group are the specific subject you selected. :smile:

It's a bit convoluted but it's due to UCAS..
That's a good question - try different groups and look at the courses in them - see what seems closest? The categories are not perfect, but it's what UCAS use, so we're stuck with them :smile:

The acceptance rate is based on the course group, not the specific course - this is the data that UCAS provides, acceptance rates for specific courses are not available.. The box at the bottom is for indication of how many of the total (all unis) courses in the group are the specific subject you selected. :smile:

It's a bit convoluted but it's due to UCAS..

I mean it all says '0'. D:
Reply 33
Original post by Schemilix
Earth sciences.

That isn't on the little list? :frown:
That isn't on the little list? :frown:

Sorry, then, I can only think geography and earth sciences as ur-subjects for geography. Not a geographer. Maaaaybe geology?
Reply 35
There's Physical Geographical Sciences in Physical Sciences; and then Human and Social Geography in Social Studies - take your pick, depending on your course I guess - or try the different universities you're applying to :smile:
This probably sounds really silly, but what does number of people accepted and acceptance rate mean?
Does it mean the percentage of people given an offer? Or the amount of people who had an offer who accepted a place? I'm confuseddd :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by Computerised
Yeah UCL acceptance rates are wack :O 15% acceptance rate for chem compared to 24% at oxford. Makes me feel soooooo good though. Hands up who is already at uni and using this spreadsheet just to feel good about themselves.

All of us :teehee: Except people who are applicants waiting on offers and using it to scare themselves...

What year are you in? I know a lot of maths people.

First-year :yep: Yourself?
Reply 38
Original post by daniellelouise
This probably sounds really silly, but what does number of people accepted and acceptance rate mean?
Does it mean the percentage of people given an offer? Or the amount of people who had an offer who accepted a place? I'm confuseddd :frown:

People accepted = People given an offer (I believe it is not the actual number enrolled, but those given an offer - UCAS does not make this clear :frown:)

Acceptance rate = People given an offer vs. People applied :smile:

It's a good point, I'll make it clearer on the spreadsheet.
People accepted = People given an offer (I believe it is not the actual number enrolled, but those given an offer - UCAS does not make this clear :frown:)

Acceptance rate = People given an offer vs. People applied :smile:

It's a good point, I'll make it clearer on the spreadsheet.

Ahhhh, well thank you!
Makes me feel so much better about getting an offer at Keele knowing they only have a 15% acceptance rate xD

Latest

Trending

Trending