The Student Room Group

What are my chances of getting an offer?

Hi everyone.

So I am applying to Uni soon and want to do an English degree.

My problem is I have only JUST been told that my A-Level in the combined lit/lang rather than lit (time-table problems!) could seriously affect my chances of getting into places like Durham and Warwick, also the Warwick interview might be a problem if I did get an offer! This has worried me now as I wish I had been advised about this sooner but was told it would not be a problem at the time.

My predicted grades are A*,A*, A in English lit/lang, Sociology and History, with an a in Maths AS but now I'm worried that the combination of Lang/Lit and Sociology will ruin my chances of an offer...?

I would really appreciate some advice. Thank you :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
I did straight English Language, no Lit, and it didn't hinder me from getting an offer from a Russell Group University. Call the Universities tomorrow and see if it is acceptable to be sure though.
Reply 2
What's wrong with these subjects?!
Reply 3
I didn't think there was a problem either until now when a few people have told me different. Of course now I'm worried but before I was confident it would still be ok. Just needed confirmation that it would be alright and I would have a chance of an offer and not struggle too much when i get there! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending