The Student Room Group

Confused about careers/ uni courses :o

Im in year 12 and am taking a levels in the following subjects:
biology, chemistry, history and english literature,
i don't know what i want to do at university though :redface: im really stressed out- ive been trying to decide for weeks, even months now (i cant sleep or think straight because i feel lost)- first i thought of going for medicine, but i think i would also like law, so im completely confused--> the worst thing is that everyone around me seems to know what they want to do, and im so confused its really stressing me out. I get good grades at school- i got 2b's, 4a's and 5a* for my GCSE's- so im good at school, but when it comes to careers im really unsure- please can you help me by telling me what courses i could do with my subject combination/ could i do accountancy or something maths related with only an a* in maths GCSE and not a level/ can you just please help me decide or tell me if you feel the same why

Thanks- please don't post anything which would be unhelpful

:/
Reply 1
Hey it's okay, I didn't really know what I wanted to do this time last year either.
I guess just look at some courses and see which ones interest you the most?
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
thanks :smile: but i have, and im still really confused, and i kind of keep regretting not taking maths as level because i've limitied the options i now have in terms of uni courses or future employment sectors- however this would be my only reason for doing as maths- i didnt take it because i didnt like when compared ot my other 4 subjects, did i make the right decision?
Reply 3
maths, if successful, may have opened more doors

but, if you did not enjoy the subject enough to peruse it beyond GCSE then yes, you made the correct decision

there is still plenty of opportunity open to you

try this

http://www.ucas.com/students/choosingcourses/choosingcourse/stamfordtest
What about economics... its maths related and loads of job opportunities will open up for you.

There are a select few universities that will offer you a place for economics without maths... you could combine economics with law.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest