The Student Room Group

Why can't I log into UCAS track?

Hi
I have tried five times (unsuccessfully) to log into track, so my account has been frozen for 24 hours.

Apparently I have an "invalid login", yet i'm sure that I typed my personal ID, username and password correctly....I don't understand.

At the bottom of the screen, it says...
If you have recently contacted UCAS to reset your Track password (and are using Internet Explorer v5 or 6) you may need to adjust the internet settings on your PC before you are able to login.

But I haveN'T contacted UCAS to reset my password! So I don't understand why I can't login. Any ideas?

Reply 1
I'm internet explorer 9, so I don't need to change my cache settings...And I have my password, personal ID and username correct....

Is there another reason why I might not be able to log into track? Because I need to check it, I have some news apparently, I got an email from UCAS yesterday.

Thanks. :smile:
It's unreliable. You'll grow to accept this soon enough.

Or maybe it's laughing at you for using IE?
Reply 3
Original post by HarveyCanis
It's unreliable. You'll grow to accept this soon enough.

Or maybe it's laughing at you for using IE?

Perhaps....I know that on Saturday, it will be closing down temporarily for "essential maintenance" or something like that...

Do you think I should ring UCAS?

Thanks for replying! :smile:
Original post by Shellbeach
Perhaps....I know that on Saturday, it will be closing down temporarily for "essential maintenance" or something like that...

Do you think I should ring UCAS?

Thanks for replying! :smile:

Lol "essential maintenance" which basically means "our servers are **** and need repaired...again".

I wouldn't. If you can stand to, just wait until tomorrow. Ring UCAS then, or just email them.
Reply 5
Original post by HarveyCanis
Lol "essential maintenance" which basically means "our servers are **** and need repaired...again".

I wouldn't. If you can stand to, just wait until tomorrow. Ring UCAS then, or just email them.

Lol, nice eloquent explanation, well said. :biggrin:

I couldn't ring them tonight anyway...You have to ring before 6pm. So i'll ring tommorow.

Thanks again.
Reply 6
Original post by Shellbeach
Hi
I have tried five times (unsuccessfully) to log into track, so my account has been frozen for 24 hours.

Apparently I have an "invalid login", yet i'm sure that I typed my personal ID, username and password correctly....I don't understand.

At the bottom of the screen, it says...
If you have recently contacted UCAS to reset your Track password (and are using Internet Explorer v5 or 6) you may need to adjust the internet settings on your PC before you are able to login.

But I haveN'T contacted UCAS to reset my password! So I don't understand why I can't login. Any ideas?

If closing your browser and/or clearing the cache doesn't work, contact the UCAS helpdesk.
It's possible that your personal ID has changed since you first set up the UCAS account. Double check if you've still got the right one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending