The Student Room Group

Does he love her??

So last night my ex called as always (nothing major as were good friends). Anyway I'm not too sure how we got into the conversation about him and his relationship with his girlfriend. But I don't really mind hearing about his girlfriend. But he doesn't really like talking about her and he doesn't really seem to say much about her. If I was in a relationship, I know I would tell him (my ex) everything about him because me and him tell each other pretty much everything and anything. It's always been like this.

Anyway, I asked him how is his girlfriend and he said she's ok but she's upset with him right now because he doesn't make her feel special and stuff. So I advised my ex what he could do and give him a few suggestions. He didn't seem to be too bothered because she was upset..he was just like "hmmm". He didn't say anything like he misses her and he didn't even feel like he wanted to make her feel special. He just said he doesn't want her to get used to him treating her all the time. I was like oh and that he should treat her because he loves her. I asked him "do you love her?" and there was a LONGGG silence!! He didn't really answer the question. He just said "loving someone isn't easy". I said "do you really like her" and he just said "erm I like her".

My ex still flirts with me and sometimes says nice things to me that I really think he should say to his girlfriend.

Everytime I mention her he just goes quiet. After I said to him that if I was seeing someone I'd always tell him about about boyfriend. He just said "ummm ok" and just wanted to get off the phone. I thought he would be happy if I did do that. :s-smilie:

I know no one can give me a proper answer of whether he loves her or not apart from my ex himself. But what do you guys think??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Perhaps he wants you back ?
Reply 2
Original post by Cyclo
Perhaps he wants you back ?

What makes you say that?? He has said to me before that if he wasn't with her then things would be different between me and him. Hmmmm :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What makes you say that?? He has said to me before that if he wasn't with her then things would be different between me and him. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

Are you posting this because you still love him?
Reply 4

The way you worded the situation. I think you believe this to be the case too. Especially with that major hint.

Key points:

He's not interested in talking about the girl he's with
He still talks and flirts with you.
He doesn't even want to think about you being with another guy.

I think it's now just a case of whether or not you want him back.

Original post by alawhisp

My guess would be that yes, she does.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by alawhisp

Hmmm. I think I'm just trying to figure out whether if he has feelings for me by considering the things he says and how he is with me
Reply 6
Original post by Cyclo
The way you worded the situation. I think you believe this to be the case too. Especially with that major hint.

Key points:

He's not interested in talking about the girl he's with
He still talks and flirts with you.
He doesn't even want to think about you being with another guy.

I think it's now just a case of whether or not you want him back.

I'm not too sure if I want him back...

My guess would be that yes, she does.

Does he still have feelings for me/love me??
Reply 7
Hmmm. I think I'm just trying to figure out whether if he has feelings for me by considering the things he says and how he is with me

It doesn't matter how he feels about you. What matters is whether or not you still have feelings for him. Once you've worked that out, you can figure out how to proceed.
Reply 8
He wants YOU!
Yeah, I think it would be quite a consensus that he loves you still, and I'm guessing you have feelings too.

That is the sole reason I don't talk to my ex.

If I was friends with her, then it would be difficult for me to move on, and if I did, I would always be torn.
So last night my ex called as always (nothing major as were good friends). Anyway I'm not too sure how we got into the conversation about him and his relationship with his girlfriend. But I don't really mind hearing about his girlfriend. But he doesn't really like talking about her and he doesn't really seem to say much about her. If I was in a relationship, I know I would tell him (my ex) everything about him because me and him tell each other pretty much everything and anything. It's always been like this.

Anyway, I asked him how is his girlfriend and he said she's ok but she's upset with him right now because he doesn't make her feel special and stuff. So I advised my ex what he could do and give him a few suggestions. He didn't seem to be too bothered because she was upset..he was just like "hmmm". He didn't say anything like he misses her and he didn't even feel like he wanted to make her feel special. He just said he doesn't want her to get used to him treating her all the time. I was like oh and that he should treat her because he loves her. I asked him "do you love her?" and there was a LONGGG silence!! He didn't really answer the question. He just said "loving someone isn't easy". I said "do you really like her" and he just said "erm I like her".

My ex still flirts with me and sometimes says nice things to me that I really think he should say to his girlfriend.

Everytime I mention her he just goes quiet. After I said to him that if I was seeing someone I'd always tell him about about boyfriend. He just said "ummm ok" and just wanted to get off the phone. I thought he would be happy if I did do that. :s-smilie:

I know no one can give me a proper answer of whether he loves her or not apart from my ex himself. But what do you guys think??

The other posters might be right; he might want you back.

Who dumped who out of interest?

I only ask because if he dumped you, then some of this stuff might be out of guilt. I once spent months telling an ex that my new relationship meant nothing to me, that the new girl was just a bit of fun, etc... turns out I was lying to her (and to myself). I was acting out of guilt after having dumped the ex. I also wouldn't like to hear about her love life, even though I definitely don't want her back. It's just... weird.

Anyway, as I say, he might want you back (and from your posts you clearly want him back).
Reply 11
Original post by Journalistic
The other posters might be right; he might want you back.

Who dumped who out of interest?

I only ask because if he dumped you, then some of this stuff might be out of guilt. I once spent months telling an ex that my new relationship meant nothing to me, that the new girl was just a bit of fun, etc... turns out I was lying to her (and to myself). I was acting out of guilt after having dumped the ex. I also wouldn't like to hear about her love life, even though I definitely don't want her back. It's just... weird.

Anyway, as I say, he might want you back (and from your posts you clearly want him back).

I dumped him. It was kind of a bad break up. I didn't want anything to do with him but he kept trying to pursue contact and us being in touch with each other. He kept saying how he couldn't let me go. But as I think we both moved on, we just ended up becoming really close mates.

Hmmm nah I'm not too sure if I do want him back partly because of the reasons of why we broke up in the first place. Were better as mates. So yeah :smile:
No.

He likes you. He wants you :tongue:
Reply 13
What do you want to hear? That he finds you irresistible and wants you back?
Reply 14
Original post by Sherkba
What do you want to hear? That he finds you irresistible and wants you back?

No, not really.

I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks about this situation. I just feel sorry for his girlfriend is he doesn't that's all because she seems like a nice girl (even though I've never met her because he doesn't want me to)
Reply 15
No, not really.

I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks about this situation. I just feel sorry for his girlfriend is he doesn't that's all because she seems like a nice girl (even though I've never met her because he doesn't want me to)

I don't want to sound harsh, but: please. You don't care about his girlfriend at all. Why would you? Why would anyone, in your shoes?

It's fine to stay close to an ex if you choose to remain friends, but I think you've taken it a bit further than just friends, expecting to share love stories (as a sort of ''look what you're missing/I want to keep tabs on who you're seeing'' thing?). If you actually cared about this girl's feelings, this is the stage at which you would back off and limit contact with your ex. Instead, you seem to thrive on it, and come on TSR asking us to validate what you secretly hope is true: that no, he isn't really into her, and that yes, he is still into you. I think that's probably true, in which case, that works out well, and perhaps you'll start something back up again (or perhaps you aren't interested in an actual relationship, but wanted more the self-validation?). Regardless, the bottom line is stop that female thing of pretending you're acting out of concern for the girl.
Original post by Sherkba
I don't want to sound harsh, but: please. You don't care about his girlfriend at all. Why would you? Why would anyone, in your shoes?

It's fine to stay close to an ex if you choose to remain friends, but I think you've taken it a bit further than just friends, expecting to share love stories (as a sort of ''look what you're missing/I want to keep tabs on who you're seeing'' thing?). If you actually cared about this girl's feelings, this is the stage at which you would back off and limit contact with your ex. Instead, you seem to thrive on it, and come on TSR asking us to validate what you secretly hope is true: that no, he isn't really into her, and that yes, he is still into you. I think that's probably true, in which case, that works out well, and perhaps you'll start something back up again (or perhaps you aren't interested in an actual relationship, but wanted more the self-validation?). Regardless, the bottom line is stop that female thing of pretending you're acting out of concern for the girl.

Unfortunately totally agree with this.
Reply 17
LOL, clearly you still want him, however if you want a guy's opinion on how he's feeling right now, here's the jist of it.

This is a common situation where you're caught between two girls you kinda like, but aren't 100% into. You don't want to end relations with them because you're a guy, like to plow the fields and you like to keep your options open.

Trust me, when you really meet someone you like/love, it's so different. He wouldn't be acting like this if he were REALLY into either of you. Hope this helps, try to meet other people.
Reply 18
Original post by Sherkba

Ok first of all, I don't think I have taken it far. I'm completely over him so him talking to me about his girlfriend doesn't affect me in the slightest. I have tried so hard to prevent him from talking to me like as though were still together and I have even suggested him to not contact me AT ALL. He always takes it the wrong way when i say this and then makes me feel bad like saying things like I don't care and stuff. I don't call him or ever initiate any type of conversation with him. He always starts the conversations first and he calls me pretty much every night. I have limited my contact with him and he always moans when I never talk to him. He thinks a day or two of us not talking is like a whole month to him. :confused:
Reply 19
Original post by Zamolxes
LOL, clearly you still want him, however if you want a guy's opinion on how he's feeling right now, here's the jist of it.

This is a common situation where you're caught between two girls you kinda like, but aren't 100% into. You don't want to end relations with them because you're a guy, like to plow the fields and you like to keep your options open.

Trust me, when you really meet someone you like/love, it's so different. He wouldn't be acting like this if he were REALLY into either of you. Hope this helps, try to meet other people.

Like I've said in previous comments, I don't want him. Just because I made this thread about it does not mean I have feelings for him in any way. I'm just concerned and feel confused when he's like this with me. He knows I don't have feelings for him. I don't really care if he's not into me because I don't want him to be. I've just said were friends and nothing is going to progress any further other than friendship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending