The Student Room Group

Scotland Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kirsti
how what did you get in your LNAT ? my two friends sat it and one got 16 and the other 11 ... haha. and thankyou! , honestly, you will get an offer from Aberdeen and hopefully Strathclyde ( their entrance requirements are far higher than they should be for Law ) , + yeah we will! did you apply to Edinburgh ?

Well I got 15...:biggrin: But I knew that it went bad so whatever. And the test was hard for me because my native language is not English so I read the texts slower than native speakers:/ But anyway. Well, it's nice to hear that you believe that I will get an offer from Aberdeen! :smile: I really hope so - and Strathclyde too.. I did apply to Edinburgh and got rejected because of my C from advanced maths. Did you apply to Edinburgh?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Camppu
Well I got 15...:biggrin: But I knew that it went bad so whatever. And the test was hard for me because my native language is not English so I read the texts slower than native speakers:/ But anyway. Well, it's nice to hear that you believe that I will get an offer from Aberdeen! :smile: I really hope so - and Strathclyde too.. I did apply to Edinburgh and got rejected because of my C from advanced maths. Did you apply to Edinburgh?

Well the average is 18.6 so in relation to the average you did really well! :smile: + aaaw i see, yeah i applied to Edinburgh too but have still yet to hear but to be honest i know it will be a rejection haha.
conditional for napier! 1 B at any subject.
Reply 43
Original post by kirsti
Well the average is 18.6 so in relation to the average you did really well! :smile: + aaaw i see, yeah i applied to Edinburgh too but have still yet to hear but to be honest i know it will be a rejection haha.

Well, still I think I did quite badly - not sure if that will be enough to Glasgow! Yep, I was quite sure to get the rejection from Edinburgh too =D
Reply 44
Has anyone not heard from Glasgow yet?

I've heard lots of unconditionals/conditionals have gone out and I haven't heard anything yet! I'm getting anxious!
Reply 45
Original post by cbvz57
Has anyone not heard from Glasgow yet?

I've heard lots of unconditionals/conditionals have gone out and I haven't heard anything yet! I'm getting anxious!

Someone i know got a conditional offer, but someone else (with higher grades) hasn't heard yet. i wouldnt worry! :smile:
Reply 46
I will be going to Strathclyde to do the two year graduate degree and hopefully the diploma after that!
Offers for both Dundee and Stirling through the week! 3/3, now only Edinburgh im waiting on! Which is coincedently my preference :frown:!
Reply 48
Original post by thomaspullar1
Offers for both Dundee and Stirling through the week! 3/3, now only Edinburgh im waiting on! Which is coincedently my preference :frown:!

I HAVENT HEARD FROM DUNDEE OR EDINBURGH. aaaaaaaaah! haha, im going out of mind :laugh:
Original post by kirsti
I HAVENT HEARD FROM DUNDEE OR EDINBURGH. aaaaaaaaah! haha, im going out of mind :laugh:

ive saw your grades and i know youll get in, im now holding offers for both! both conditionals, (edinburgh B at english and dundee 2 b's) but im going to reject dundee, would you say napier or stirlings a better back up?
Reply 50
ive saw your grades and i know youll get in, im now holding offers for both! both conditionals, (edinburgh B at english and dundee 2 b's) but im going to reject dundee, would you say napier or stirlings a better back up?

Stirling. But mostly because the person I know that did law at Napier is a total doink whereas the law people from Stirling I know are not.
Reply 51
Hey everybody,

I am an international applicant doing the graduate entry route from Canada. I applied to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Reading, and Cardiff. So far I have unconditional offers at Aberdeen and Glasgow, as well as an interview at Reading, still waiting to hear on the other two.

Best of luck to everyone else on their applications.
Reply 52

yeah but because my school is a really good one they might expect like 5 A's and im sure i would have heard by now if they were going to give me an offer (n) awells, we shall see! your offer for Edinburgh is brilliant! you gonna go for it ?

Stirling definetley! Napier isn't a great university whereas Stirling is pretty decent :smile: I would be going Stirling if i were you
Original post by kirsti
yeah but because my school is a really good one they might expect like 5 A's and im sure i would have heard by now if they were going to give me an offer (n) awells, we shall see! your offer for Edinburgh is brilliant! you gonna go for it ?

Stirling definetley! Napier isn't a great university whereas Stirling is pretty decent :smile: I would be going Stirling if i were you

The thing is, I'd much prefer to live in Edinburgh, yeah ill defo be trying to meet my edinburgh offer as my preference. went to visit yesterday and the old college is amazing. i love it!
Just got rejected from Edinburgh. I was kinda expecting it but still... :s-smilie:

Well then, anyways, I have a conditional offer from Dundee and I'm very likely to meet their conditions.

But on the other hand, I would have a conditional offer to Cardiff (Law and Politics) as well. After deciding to not to apply to Glasgow I added Cardiff to have at least one non-Scottish university - if I had a change of heart regarding Scots law or something. Right now Cardiff wouldn't seem like a bad choice at all.

Making a decision now when Edinburgh is no longer a possibility is starting to seem a bit hard. (And of course it would be nice to hear back from Aberdeen and Strathclyde too.) I'd love to visit the universities before making a choice but I'm very much tied down to staying here until mid-May... I guess I'll just need to think this carefully through. :redface:
Reply 55
Original post by Telo
Just got rejected from Edinburgh. I was kinda expecting it but still... :s-smilie:

Well then, anyways, I have a conditional offer from Dundee and I'm very likely to meet their conditions.

But on the other hand, I would have a conditional offer to Cardiff (Law and Politics) as well. After deciding to not to apply to Glasgow I added Cardiff to have at least one non-Scottish university - if I had a change of heart regarding Scots law or something. Right now Cardiff wouldn't seem like a bad choice at all.

Making a decision now when Edinburgh is no longer a possibility is starting to seem a bit hard. (And of course it would be nice to hear back from Aberdeen and Strathclyde too.) I'd love to visit the universities before making a choice but I'm very much tied down to staying here until mid-May... I guess I'll just need to think this carefully through. :redface:

Sorry to hear about that one! i think my rejection is coming soon. what were you grades again ? if you can make them kinda of relevant to Scottish ones it might help a bit but if you cant relate it to Scottish grades then its cool haha
Original post by kirsti
Sorry to hear about that one! i think my rejection is coming soon. what were you grades again ? if you can make them kinda of relevant to Scottish ones it might help a bit but if you cant relate it to Scottish grades then its cool haha

I'm taking the Finnish Ylioppilastutkinto and I've achieved LL and predicted to get LEE from the remaining exams. Generally the top 5% of exams are awarded with L and the following 15% with E. I'm not sure how to compare these accurately to Scottish grades, sorry. :colondollar:
Reply 57
Original post by Telo
I'm taking the Finnish Ylioppilastutkinto and I've achieved LL and predicted to get LEE from the remaining exams. Generally the top 5% of exams are awarded with L and the following 15% with E. I'm not sure how to compare these accurately to Scottish grades, sorry. :colondollar:

okay i dont understand haha! :P
Reply 58
Hi :biggrin:
I'm from South Wales.

I've applied to 2 Scottish universities:
Strathclyde and Glasgow.

Last week I got a conditional from Strathclyde which was AAB.
I've yet to hear from Glasgow.
I wish they'd reply soon though >.<
Reply 59
I really need some help!! I have a hard time choosing between Aberdeen (scots law) and Dundee (scots/english), can anyone give me some advice?: D Basically both offers are unconditional as I already meet the conditions..

Quick Reply

Latest