The Student Room Group

KPMG Numerical Reasoning Test

I've just done my numerical test for the School Leavers Programme. How did everyone else find this? I found it very hard compared to the other Big 4 tests.

Didn't no if I should guess the last ten as I was out of time :confused:
Reply 1
I also found it challenging but I passed it. Did you guess the last 10? Have you found out how whether you got through or not?
For the graduate applications their numerical test is ridiculously hard compared to the other big 4. But their pass boundaries will be lowered accordingly.
Reply 3
What were the maths questions? Was it like Maths as in A level maths or Maths as in calculating profit etc. I am not going to do to my test until tomorrow..
There is no maths A-level in any application test I've ever done. It is all simple calculations, the challenge is to read the question properly and manipulate the figures in the most efficient way to get the answer. For example, many of the questions will ask something like "which sector's resources will last the longest", and instead of going through each one and calculating the answers and then choosing the highest sector, the answer is often pretty obvious if you have a good feel for figures so you don't need to waste time with a calculator.
Reply 5
yes I passed the test, don't know my specific percentiles though.

Some of questions I had required you to work through exchange rates relative to sterling over a few years. E.g. in year 1 £500 was converted currency Y with rate 1.09, year 2 Y was converted to currency X with rate 1.87... and so

What was the change in sterling from year one?
The difficult thing is that the exchange rate is relative to sterling so you need to go back to sterling each year.. I think :rolleyes:

Safe to say I couldn't answer this one in a reasonable time so skipped it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending