The Student Room Group

Arctic shores PWC - Aptitude Test

Hi. So I received an email from PWC to do some online games. So the first part covers;

You will be assessed on your reasoning ability in the following areas:

Analysis (Numerical Reasoning) (18 minutes)
Research (Verbal) (18 minutes)
Sticky Notes (17 minutes)
Please Note: We recommend you use a pen, paper, and calculator for this section.

Does anyone have an idea on whether they r going to be similar to SHL numerical test? Or different

Are they gonna be games or normal questions?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I just got that email as well. (Middle East offices). Some advice would be great! ^^
Reply 2
Hi. Same middle east offices - i didnt do it yet but this might be helpful - https://gradinsight.co.uk/pwc-career-unlocked/
Reply 3
I didnt do it yet. I hope we get some advices
Reply 4
You don't need any advice for the tests, the concept for each is relatively simple, most of them are assessing how you approach the questions rather than your answer
Reply 5
Hey.. so is the test game-like or is it like the usual numerical reasoning with charts and wordy questions?
Reply 6
As the test is carried through the app idk how they will present the graph and everything within Arctic shores app UI .
Reply 7
Original post by WhiteX
As the test is carried through the app idk how they will present the graph and everything within Arctic shores app UI .

The graphs are displayed pretty nicely, obviously depending on the size of your screen it'll effect how well you can see them. I did it on my phone and it was easy enough to ready everything
Reply 8
Original post by Jacessi
The graphs are displayed pretty nicely, obviously depending on the size of your screen it'll effect how well you can see them. I did it on my phone and it was easy enough to ready everything

Thats great to hear, btw did they include with that any verbal or inductive reasoning? And do you have any idea what sticky notes is ? ( lol ). Thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by WhiteX
Thats great to hear, btw did they include with that any verbal or inductive reasoning? And do you have any idea what sticky notes is ? ( lol ). Thanks!

Not sure what the sticky notes are for? Don't think I used anything like that. I'm trying not to give anything away cause I know the program is used for lots of different things but I would say inductive reasoning is involved on some of the levels. Nothing like verbal communication is really involved, there's not even any written requirements however. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Jacessi
Not sure what the sticky notes are for? Don't think I used anything like that. I'm trying not to give anything away cause I know the program is used for lots of different things but I would say inductive reasoning is involved on some of the levels. Nothing like verbal communication is really involved, there's not even any written requirements however. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks that is what I found when researched different experiences. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!
Reply 11
First 9 sections - different games - memory games, arrows games hmm ballon games- write in google career unlocked pwc u will find a full article about the games.
Section 10 - numerical- verbal - logical

I got in my email saying ( numerical analysis- verbal- sticky notes) in the first part. But I think they mean logical.
Reply 12
Reply 13
Yah this appears to be the structure, however I don't think there’s a verbal as no one got it but again I don’t really know much
I’ve completed mine. The app/game is pretty straightforward, divided into ten sections. A lot of it is just reaction time games, but the tenth section consists of 18 questions of numerical data and interpreting graphs. You will be fine; as a student who panics and didn’t really prepare beforehand, it’s really nothing to worry about!
Original post by rosie711
I’ve completed mine. The app/game is pretty straightforward, divided into ten sections. A lot of it is just reaction time games, but the tenth section consists of 18 questions of numerical data and interpreting graphs. You will be fine; as a student who panics and didn’t really prepare beforehand, it’s really nothing to worry about!

Hi Rosie, can you tell me in details what to expect I can share my phone number with you if you want.
Original post by rosie711

Could you explain what is sticky note was ?
And the verbal reasoning is smae as logical reasoning?
Reply 17
Original post by M1997__
First 9 sections - different games - memory games, arrows games hmm ballon games- write in google career unlocked pwc u will find a full article about the games.
Section 10 - numerical- verbal - logical

I got in my email saying ( numerical analysis- verbal- sticky notes) in the first part. But I think they mean logical.

To make sure that I fully understood you,

So the email says :
( numerical analysis- verbal- sticky notes) + personal

the test was:
First 9 sections - different games - memory games, arrows games hmm ballon games- write in google career unlocked pwc u will find a full article about the games. Section 10 - numerical- verbal - logical + personal

Is that right?

if so, how many questions in section 10?!
Reply 18
Original post by Bader5556
Could you explain what is sticky note was ?
And the verbal reasoning is smae as logical reasoning?

Hi Bader. Have you done the test? I think we are in the same boat!

Please share the information which you have received in the email and what have faced during the test.
guys, you’re really panicking and thinking way too deep into this. I did mine a while ago so can’t remember exactly what was on it, but I know it was super easy and I didn’t prepare. You’ll kick yourself after for worrying about it. Just get it done! Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending