The Student Room Group

Is it just me that ALWAYS feels alone?

Today it has really hit me I have no friends. Not even a single one. All the people in my life use me, literally. Nothing has changed since primary school. Everyone always came to me when they had a problem, upset and all that bs. But I was never ever invited to their parties, sleepovers, called to come out on a night out, literally NOTHING. Has anything changed over the years? No way. I am now 18, have no group of friends, don't get invited anywhere, when I do they change the destination and don't tell me.

I literally have no one. My family well, I would be typing all day if I was to even explain.

Now at university and I still haven't made friends. I thought I did but they never invite me anywhere but are always the first to tell me what they done.

God will I die alone. I feel so lonely. To be fair all I have is my counselling service.

Now my rant is over, does anyone feel the way I do? Constantly sad, alone and depressed?

I mean the moment I get some self-esteem something or someone reminds me that I don't fit in or makes me feel like a bigger loner.

Scroll to see replies

I know how you feel tbh... I recently realised how little I'm now invited out
awww :-( im sorry. i feel the same sometimes. pm me whenever u want xx
Reply 3
Original post by her
Today it has really hit me I have no friends. Not even a single one. All the people in my life use me, literally. Nothing has changed since primary school. Everyone always came to me when they had a problem, upset and all that bs. But I was never ever invited to their parties, sleepovers, called to come out on a night out, literally NOTHING. Has anything changed over the years? No way. I am now 18, have no group of friends, don't get invited anywhere, when I do they change the destination and don't tell me.

I literally have no one. My family well, I would be typing all day if I was to even explain.

Now at university and I still haven't made friends. I thought I did but they never invite me anywhere but are always the first to tell me what they done.

God will I die alone. I feel so lonely. To be fair all I have is my counselling service.

Now my rant is over, does anyone feel the way I do? Constantly sad, alone and depressed?

I mean the moment I get some self-esteem something or someone reminds me that I don't fit in or makes me feel like a bigger loner.

take the worst expereince in life and se it to teach you someting great, im sure one day firend will come, it took me 9 months without anyone until i found my fri4ends who i love and adore

honestly:o:o:o:o:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin:
I am in the exact same position as you, you are not alone. :smile: I have no group of friends, never had a boyfriend, don't go out anywhere.

I was hoping all this would have changed once I get into uni, but if it's stayed the same for you, I'm getting worried. :frown: My only motivation to do well in my A-levels now was the prospect of having a great social life at uni. *sigh*

Sorry I can't help in a practical way, but I do hope it makes you feel just slightly better knowing you are not alone. Perhaps if my lonely life helps you feel better about yours, than maybe that could make me feel more useful in a way. :smile: But please keep your hopes high, and feel free to talk to me if you need and want to.
Original post by her

No, I feel really alone too. Most people probably think I have alot of friends. I have "friends" that I see nearly every day and I do get invited to places and have known these people for years. We do have some really funny memories and havve a good time but I still wouldnt consider them my friends. Over the years I have realised that no one has done the same for me as I have done for them. Eg I lent a friend some money but she still hasnt paid me back yet she buys presents for her boyfriend. Im not fussed about the money, in act I dont care but its the principle of it. I feel like she doesnt value me or car. Just little things like that. Or being stood up by 'friends' or told little lies. I feel like they arent TRUE friends but instead people that I hang out with.
Sometimes I just dont want to talk to no one. Sometimes I just think whats the point when I find out someone is not who I thought they were.
I am constantly sad and upset and where I used to be a VERY social person, I now hardly make an effort to ever meet new people. I just feel sad that I cant trust no one at all.
Reply 6
I feel like this quite a lot my friends have gone off to different uni's or we have just naturally grown apart. I have a few friends but I don't see them often as we all work different shifts and live in different places etc. I have a boyfriend but I end up relying on him too much because when he's not around I feel lonely and like I cant escape from my crappy life.

Since i've noticed this i've tried to change. I lost contact with a few close friends and I've started texting them again and now we meet up every few weeks. Whenever I can I talk to people at work and feel closer to them than I used to tbh. Not going to lie and say that makes me feel all sociable and amazing because it doesn't but getting out the house is always good.

Just don't hold yourself back! Try to join in with things at uni, society's etc.

Just inbox me if you wanna talk to someone :smile:
Reply 7
You realise you actually have to approach people to make friends with them. People generally won't just come up to you. YOU have to go out and take responsibility for making your friends and going out. Just being at uni doesn't automatically make you a social beast, you need to work on that.
Reply 8
Original post by hamijack
You realise you actually have to approach people to make friends with them. People generally won't just come up to you. YOU have to go out and take responsibility for making your friends and going out. Just being at uni doesn't automatically make you a social beast, you need to work on that.

I've realised that this only applies to British society. I have been around the world and number of times I have been spoken to by strangers is more than I have been here in the UK. There's just something about our weird society which causes no one to talk to each other.
Reply 9
Original post by hamijack

I've done that plenty of times. I won't complain unless I've done everything possible to change the situation. But it seems I am destined to be alone.
Reply 10
It is so sad reading everyone's post here. I wish I could say it would all get better but I am just not in the position.

All I hope and pray is that I find some sort of peace and find what I am looking for and the same to you all.

It is true, no one said life would be easy.
Original post by her

I have definitely been there. And the first step is realising you dont actually need anyone to be really happy, and that you can be fine and independent on your own.
Another thing is, you seem completely negative about every single aspect of your life, when there must be something that brings you happiness? Your uni course, music etc, and by putting all those negative vibes out, it tends to really put people off in my experience. Who wants to make friends with a miserable person?
Go to your GP and ask for real therapy, instead of counseling, which is basically talking as they cant offer you any real advice. Make it obvious that youre really struggling and need the help. It sounds like you have depression and some times the medicine they give you can be a great platform to start bulding yourself up from and addressing some issues.
Reply 12
Original post by her
It is so sad reading everyone's post here. I wish I could say it would all get better but I am just not in the position.

All I hope and pray is that I find some sort of peace and find what I am looking for and the same to you all.

It is true, no one said life would be easy.

Which university do you go to by the way?
Original post by iPhone
I've realised that this only applies to British society. I have been around the world and number of times I have been spoken to by strangers is more than I have been here in the UK. There's just something about our weird society which causes no one to talk to each other.

clearly youve never been to morocco, almost all of eastern europe, france etc
Reply 14
why don't you try being the organiser?
Reply 15
I've felt alone and pushed out from groups so frequently that it has driven me to hate all humankind.
Reply 16
I feel the same :frown: it's strange because I used to have a great social life. I used to have a group of friends I was really close to, and I was invited to loads of parties. Now I never get invited anywhere. My friends all go out without me, and I would only say I have one friend now :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Alt__x
I feel the same :frown: it's strange because I used to have a great social life. I used to have a group of friends I was really close to, and I was invited to loads of parties. Now I never get invited anywhere. My friends all go out without me, and I would only say I have one friend now :frown:

I don't even have one.
Reply 18
Original post by her
I don't even have one.

Feel free to PM me anytime :smile:
Can I just add another thing; this always brings me up when I feel sad and alone (i.e. most of the time): it is better to be alone than with the wrong people, as you remain true to yourself and thus avoid turning superficial.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending