The Student Room Group

Dating is 'legal prostitution'....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
that guy has clearly never been laid in his life before.
Reply 2
Original post by TariHana
that guy has clearly never been laid in his life before.

Is it because you couldn't give any logical argument to refute him with or because you can't handle the truth? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Backbrah
Is it because you couldn't give any logical argument to refute him with or because you can't handle the truth? :smile:

All I really heard him say was something like this "blah blah I'm an a$$hole blah blah"... and then I lost interest.

If he thinks the entire female population are prostitutes then what does that make his mother :wink2: The boy needs a slap.
Reply 4
All I really heard him say was something like this "blah blah I'm an a$$hole blah blah"... and then I lost interest.

If he thinks the entire female population are prostitutes then what does that make his mother :wink2: The boy needs a slap.

Exactly. My point has been proven, you didn't watch any of these properly, therefore whatever you say will be ad hominem in the least. This man speaks for all of the male population who are sick and tired of the **** women pull these days.
And you're one of the many reasons why men turn into misogynists, because you fail to show even a hint of logic in the face of logical argument
Reply 5
Why do you think some women use men for money? Because most men are stupid enough to offer it in the first place. THEREFORE MEN ARE AT FAULT NOT WOMEN.

You complain when we don't need anything from you because then your masculinity is at risk.

And then you complain when we take from you, branding women prostitutes. If it's the women who's taking (while the man is freely giving with nothing in return) then the man is clearly stupid for thinking he can buy her in return for sex. If the man is giving (and there is also give and take in the relationship on both parts) then that my friend is what is called a mature relationship not legal prostitution.

Men should make up their minds.
Reply 6
Why do you think some women use men for money? Because most men are stupid enough to offer it in the first place. THEREFORE MEN ARE AT FAULT NOT WOMEN.

You complain when we don't need anything from you because then your masculinity is at risk.

And then you complain when we take from you, branding women prostitutes. If it's the women who's taking (while the man is freely giving with nothing in return) then the man is clearly stupid for thinking he can buy her in return for sex. If the man is giving (and there is also give and take in the relationship on both parts) then that my friend is what is called a mature relationship not legal prostitution.

Again, you haven't watched these properly, the fact that the women arguing against him can't provide any reasonable argument to Marc, shows how right he is. Watch the videos
Reply 7
Again, you haven't watched these properly, the fact that the women arguing against him can't provide any reasonable argument to Marc, shows how right he is. Watch the videos

If this is actually your line of thought then I feel sorry for your mother and future wife.

I'd love to stay & argue with you but I just can't be bothered :h:
Reply 8

thats like me saying, why do men rape women with slutty dress? because they wear slutty dress. So its okay to exploit people when they look or act like they can be exploited.
and then women complain when men talk how hot or your breasts or tits look so great.
I dont really agree with what that guy said, but your argument is senseless..

Also, the guy is just as stupid as the woman.
(edited 12 years ago)
Women who date/ marry a man FOR THEIR MONEY may be engaging in 'legal prostitution', but women who marry men because they are in love with them are not.

I kind of agree with him about the housework study, they didn't take into account the families in which one partner has a job and the other stays at home with children etc. but he seems extremely outdated in his views on how marriages work, and misguided in his views on why most people get married in the first place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Tut.exe
thats like me saying, why do men rape women with slutty dress? because they wear slutty dress. So its okay to exploit people when they look or act like they can be exploited.
and then women complain when we talk how hot or your breasts or tits look so great.
I dont really agree with what that guy said, but your argument is senseless..

Also, the guy is just as stupid as the woman.

They’re not exactly the same thing are they.

Rape is illegal, accepting a drink from a random guy is not.

Why would a guy offer to buy a girl a drink? To seduce them. Girls begin to learn this and use it to their advantage.

It’s like Greggs offering free cakes. People are obviously going to come in and take a free sample… most people like free things… some might even opt for a free sample when they were initially going to buy something at a price. If Greggs continue to offer free cakes and do not make good business then they should stop offering free samples and sell them at a price. If men are so pissed at women taking their money, then they should stop offering it. Similar to, if women are so pissed at men using them for sex, then they should stop offering it.

If you are going to offer something so freely, then expect to be taken advantage of. If you offer something so freely time and time again and still get taken advantage of, then you're an idiot. It’s not fair, but it’s the way things are.
Reply 11
They’re not exactly the same thing are they.

Rape is illegal, accepting a drink from a random guy is not.

Why would a guy offer to buy a girl a drink? To seduce them. Girls begin to learn this and use it to their advantage.

It’s like Greggs offering free cakes. People are obviously going to come in and take a free sample… most people like free things… some might even opt for a free sample when they were initially going to buy something at a price. If Greggs continue to offer free cakes and do not make good business then they should stop offering free samples and sell them at a price. If men are so pissed at women taking their money, then they should stop offering it. Similar to, if women are so pissed at men using them for sex, then they should stop offering it.

If you are going to offer something so freely, then expect to be taken advantage of. If you offer something so freely time and time again and still get taken advantage of, then you're an idiot. It’s not fair, but it’s the way things are.

yes it is exactly the same one maybe illegal but the principle is the same. One exploits the other, only one is illegal the other isnt.
Its like if women are so pissed of at men giving them dirty looks or trying to 'pull' them they should stop showing off their skin.
You're saying its not fair but the way things are, then I may assume you support the fact that women should be paid less, "because its not fair, but its the way things are". Absolutely ridiculous argument. Just because its the way things are doesnt mean it cant be changed. if the way things are stayed the same, you wouldnt have civilization, you'd be scratching your dirty bum after a **** with your left hand and eat with your right hand.
So if a girl advertises her breasts with a freeview and guys yells at her like a monkey its ok because the girl is advertising her boobs for free.
Reply 12
Original post by Tut.exe
yes it is exactly the same one maybe illegal but the principle is the same. One exploits the other, only one is illegal the other isnt.
Its like if women are so pissed of at men giving them dirty looks or trying to 'pull' them they should stop showing off their skin.
You're saying its not fair but the way things are, then I may assume you support the fact that women should be paid less, "because its not fair, but its the way things are". Absolutely ridiculous argument. Just because its the way things are doesnt mean it cant be changed. if the way things are stayed the same, you wouldnt have civilization, you'd be scratching your dirty bum after a **** with your left hand and eat with your right hand.
So if a girl advertises her breasts with a freeview and guys yells at her like a monkey its ok because the girl is advertising her boobs for free.

Rape is not the same thing. Rape is something done by force, a women accepting a drink from a man is offered. Two different things... People are most likely to accept a £5 note from a stranger when offered to them than mugging it (force) from them.

I don’t think you are comprehending. There are many free-riders in this world and will take whatever they are offered. We are talking about a relationship with a stranger, an action of a stranger which can not be controlled therefore we must expect exploitation at times. “It is not fair but that’s the way things are (end of this sentence as follows)… BECAUSE WE CAN NOT CONTROL OTHERS, we can only control our own actions”

You keep comparing things which have no relevance to each other and it makes it hard for me to have a discussion with you. No, I do not support less pay for women, it is something we can control through campaigning for equality therefore it is within our control and can be changed.

About the girl revealing herself. I will probably get people disagreeing with me, but if a girl dresses in a certain way, she should expect men to stare because this is human nature. I do not agree with verbal abuse/touching etc… there are certain ethics that society should abide by and some men fall below these.
Reply 13
Rape is not the same thing. Rape is something done by force, a women accepting a drink from a man is offered. Two different things... People are most likely to accept a £5 note from a stranger when offered to them than mugging it (force) from them.

I don’t think you are comprehending. There are many free-riders in this world and will take whatever they are offered. We are talking about a relationship with a stranger, an action of a stranger which can not be controlled therefore we must expect exploitation at times. “It is not fair but that’s the way things are (end of this sentence as follows)… BECAUSE WE CAN NOT CONTROL OTHERS, we can only control our own actions”

You keep comparing things which have no relevance to each other and it makes it hard for me to have a discussion with you. No, I do not support less pay for women, it is something we can control through campaigning for equality therefore it is within our control and can be changed.

About the girl revealing herself. I will probably get people disagreeing with me, but if a girl dresses in a certain way, she should expect men to stare because this is human nature. I do not agree with verbal abuse/touching etc… there are certain ethics that society should abide by and some men fall below these.

how is it unrelated? because I cant control others of being sexist doesnt make it justifiable. You think we can't change other people's mindset that sexism works both ways?
its a bit hypocritical that women are allowed to exploit men giving them free stuff, then saying that women should not being exploited for accepting a job where they get paid less compared to a man offered the same job. Afterall their potential recruiter is a stranger to the female applicant.

Actually I dont give a damn what women dress but I just dont approve extreme feminism that it construes actual 'equal' rights its almost like they want more rights than men.
Im saying it's unethical to call for equal rights, but then you wouldn't equally share the cost for a date. It's just hypocritical. If you're ethical and you believe in equality, then you shouldnt be accepting free drinks because you're a girl and hes a guy. Not that I wouldn't, but if you were both of equal status then the burden should be shared, if the guy is poor and the girl is rich, the girl should be paying the cost as it would be the case if the guy was rich and the girl isnt.
I don't agree with him therefore he's wrong

Women logic

Agreed!

Men cant have opinions if it doesnt conform to the womans :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Tut.exe
how is it unrelated? because I cant control others of being sexist doesnt make it justifiable. You think we can't change other people's mindset that sexism works both ways?
its a bit hypocritical that women are allowed to exploit men giving them free stuff, then saying that women should not being exploited for accepting a job where they get paid less compared to a man offered the same job. Afterall their potential recruiter is a stranger to the female applicant.

Actually I dont give a damn what women dress but I just dont approve extreme feminism that it construes actual 'equal' rights its almost like they want more rights than men.
Im saying it's unethical to call for equal rights, but then you wouldn't equally share the cost for a date. It's just hypocritical. If you're ethical and you believe in equality, then you shouldnt be accepting free drinks because you're a girl and hes a guy. Not that I wouldn't, but if you were both of equal status then the burden should be shared, if the guy is poor and the girl is rich, the girl should be paying the cost as it would be the case if the guy was rich and the girl isnt.

We are talking about an individuals actions not an organisations actions. We can not predict how an individual will behaviour but we can do so for organisations because they are governed by rights and laws. Therefore, there is no correlation between women exploiting men and equal pay for women. Women should get equal pay with men, just as Blacks and Whites should get equal pay for doing the same job, there is no difference. It’s not sexism or hypocrisy… it is human rights. I think it is rare that women are able to be sexist since men usually hold the upper hand in society.

Either you are getting confused or twisting things… I have not said that it is RIGHT to take advantage of men and still expect equal rights, you have assumed this. But it is okay to expect a man to offer to pay as a gentleman would do and whether you decide to split or not is down to personal opinion… there is nothing wrong with a man paying if the girl is genuine… she is not using him for money since genuine indicates a give-take relationship. I am sure a lot of girls will come forward and say that they have even paid for their boyfriends.

To repeat myself for the last time, if a guys continuously offers to pay, time and time again, without receiving anything in return (not specifically sex) then he is the one putting himself in the position of exploitation… it’s not right that he is being exploited but it is his own fault... just as if a man took advantage of a women offering sex for free (I wonder what your argument would be for this?)

I have said before on pervious posts that I personally don’t accept drinks, it is me that usually pays for the guy. I hope that you take something from this.
So, we're just supposed to meet a guy and marry him?

Alright......
Reply 17
Obviously someone's just been through a bad breakup!

His comment about dating is legal prostitution was a load of bull put in there in totally out of context to what the reporter asked designed purely to cause an uprising.

Also fair and open debate on Fox? really?

Thats a chicken and egg type question and it certainly is "NOT THE FAULT OF MEN" to use your caps outrage in such a complete manner.
Reply 19
We are talking about an individuals actions not an organisations actions. We can not predict how an individual will behaviour but we can do so for organisations because they are governed by rights and laws. Therefore, there is no correlation between women exploiting men and equal pay for women. Women should get equal pay with men, just as Blacks and Whites should get equal pay for doing the same job, there is no difference. It’s not sexism or hypocrisy… it is human rights. I think it is rare that women are able to be sexist since men usually hold the upper hand in society.

Either you are getting confused or twisting things… I have not said that it is RIGHT to take advantage of men and still expect equal rights, you have assumed this. But it is okay to expect a man to offer to pay as a gentleman would do and whether you decide to split or not is down to personal opinion… there is nothing wrong with a man paying if the girl is genuine… she is not using him for money since genuine indicates a give-take relationship. I am sure a lot of girls will come forward and say that they have even paid for their boyfriends.

To repeat myself for the last time, if a guys continuously offers to pay, time and time again, without receiving anything in return (not specifically sex) then he is the one putting himself in the position of exploitation… it’s not right that he is being exploited but it is his own fault... just as if a man took advantage of a women offering sex for free (I wonder what your argument would be for this?)

I have said before on pervious posts that I personally don’t accept drinks, it is me that usually pays for the guy. I hope that you take something from this.

I see your point, you are right with some of your points but theres a difference between a man who refuses 'free' sex, and a guy who exploits a girl offering 'sex'.
What I'm saying is it takes 2 to tango, the woman has still a choice of exploiting or refusing. Being a 'gentleman' is a thing in the past when women didn't have jobs, and only men work and thats why they're being offered, but now we're supposed to be 'equals' yet theres' still a mindset that its ok to exploit men for being stupid, and its not OK to exploit stupid women... hmm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending