The Student Room Group

Politics/IR/Government Applicant Stalking Page 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Unconditional from Glasgow this afternoon :biggrin:
Original post by simoncino
for pais? nice, got me worried now :biggrin:

Yeah I really wouldn't be if I were you. There were some people back in November, some in December and I was getting worried then! They probably are just going through their pile, considering I applied exactly 4 months ago from today!
AS grades: ABBC
Predicted A2 grades: AAAB
Applied to:
Exeter [OFFER AAA]
Liverpool [OFFER AAB]
Aberystwyth [OFFER B with 300 UCAS Tariff points]
King's College of London
Newcastle
Original post by strawberryjellybaby
offer from warwick today.

congratulations:smile:
I'm waiting on them to get back to me, what was the offer they made you?
Reply 164
Nottingham IR offer: AAA
Original post by socrates44
congratulations:smile:
I'm waiting on them to get back to me, what was the offer they made you?

AAB :smile:
Reply 166
Haven't posted in a while, but I've got my offer from Sheffield (AAB), Newcastle (AAB) and Warwick (AABb) :smile:
Reply 167
Also I'm just waiting on LSE now, when do people think I should expect to hear back from them?! :smile:
Reply 168
Original post by Paggers
Also I'm just waiting on LSE now, when do people think I should expect to hear back from them?! :smile:

My friend got a rejection from them last week so think you might find out soon :smile:
Reply 169
Original post by topiwopi
My friend got a rejection from them last week so think you might find out soon :smile:

What course was that for?! :smile:
Reply 170
Also quick question to all people really, I need some advice.

My offers so far are
- Newcastle (AAB including General Studies)
- Sheffield (AAB including General Studies)
- Nottingham (AAB)
- Warwick (AABb)

I think it goes without saying that Warwick should be/is my first choice out of those.
I need to choose my insurance though, I think Newcastle and Sheffield will be most lenient on grades if I was to drop a grade in one of my A-levels (on the basis they accept General Studies which is considered easy, whereas Nottingham don't) and also I do take General Studies.

So out of the two, Sheffield or Newcastle which would people reccommend on the basis of reputation/city/teaching quality? I have to say I'm leaning to Sheffield as the course is International Relations and Politics, rather than just Politics, and I want the mix I think.

Any comments would be hugely apprecciated!
Reply 171
Original post by Paggers

My offers so far are
- Nottingham (AAB)
- Warwick (AABb)

I think it goes without saying that Warwick should be/is my first choice out of those.
I need to choose my insurance though, I think Newcastle and Sheffield will be most lenient on grades if I was to drop a grade in one of my A-levels (on the basis they accept General Studies which is considered easy, whereas Nottingham don't) and also I do take General Studies.

So out of the two, Sheffield or Newcastle which would people reccommend on the basis of reputation/city/teaching quality? I have to say I'm leaning to Sheffield as the course is International Relations and Politics, rather than just Politics, and I want the mix I think.

Sheffield is meant to have a really good politics department - I think it's 3rd in most of the league tables!
Original post by Paggers

My offers so far are
- Nottingham (AAB)
- Warwick (AABb)

well Sheffield's politics department is better known, but both cities are supposed to be great from what ive heard.
Reply 173
Original post by Paggers
What course was that for?! :smile:

erm, i'm actually unsure what the exact course was but it was definitely politics or politics & IR, i dont know what politics courses LSE offer having not applied there!
Reply 174
Unconditional to St Andrews for IR and German today :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by pssp
Unconditional to St Andrews for IR and German today :biggrin:

Well done! Im waiting for IR :frown: are you an international student?
Reply 176
Original post by maxcartwright
Well done! Im waiting for IR :frown: are you an international student?

Nope haha, Scotland born and bred :smile:
What kind of work experience have you guys done for international relations? It's tricky to find something specific enough. I'm considering applying to St. Andrews for 2013 entry.

I'm doing a day with my MP soon, but that's not really relevant for international relations as much as politics itself.
Reply 178
Original post by berryripple
What kind of work experience have you guys done for international relations? It's tricky to find something specific enough. I'm considering applying to St. Andrews for 2013 entry.

I'm doing a day with my MP soon, but that's not really relevant for international relations as much as politics itself.

I'm a UK-German Youth Ambassador and I visited the German Consulate in Edinburgh to talk about the work they did, nothing too crazy :smile:
Original post by pssp
I'm a UK-German Youth Ambassador and I visited the German Consulate in Edinburgh to talk about the work they did, nothing too crazy :smile:

How do you go about doing something like that? I'm fluent in German so something like that would be a good option for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending