The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Molly_18
I'm going to be doing children's nursing at Herfordshire, anyone else?

Yep, I'm doing children's nursing at hertfordshire too :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by alishaaa9

Me too! :smile:
Reply 382
Hey,

I applied really late and was lucky enough to get a conditional for Glasgow Caledonian to study child nursing today!
My conditions are that I 'attend an information session' and pass my disclosure and health checks!
Anybody else had this and know if the information sessions are really interviews, or does this mean as long as I go i'll get in!?
Thanks for all your help!

Lisa
Hi Lisa

Me too i applied late and got that letter. .. i am also unsure what it means? Have you found out any more info?

Lorraine
Original post by ally93_
Hey,

I applied really late and was lucky enough to get a conditional for Glasgow Caledonian to study child nursing today!
My conditions are that I 'attend an information session' and pass my disclosure and health checks!
Anybody else had this and know if the information sessions are really interviews, or does this mean as long as I go i'll get in!?
Thanks for all your help!

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Me too i applied late and got that letter. .. i am also unsure what it means? Have you found out any more info?

Lorraine
Original post by emmieaston
doing child nursing at DMU, room number is WG-SG-1-5. anybody else in this?x

Myself and 2 friends from college start in sept too. We are not in accommodation though. See u there x
Original post by smcgoldrick82
Myself and 2 friends from college start in sept too. We are not in accommodation though. See u there x

oh wicked doing child? I will, if i get in haha :frown: xxx
Reply 387
Hey there, anyone at KCL on here? I'll be doing Child Nursing starting in September :smile:
studying child nursing at teeside uni and start in january, just wondering if there is anyone else on here doing it, as i dont know anyone yet, little nervous :cool:
Reply 389
Original post by TanyaC
Hey there, anyone at KCL on here? I'll be doing Child Nursing starting in September :smile:

i've just applied to start in 2013!!!! you have to tell me how it goes, what subjects did you do at a-level?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 391
Original post by alishaaa9

Hey i've applied for Hertfordshire to do child nursing! Was wondering what do you do on the assessment day, what kind of questions did they ask, and what's it like there?? :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by vp-12
Me too! :smile:

Hey i've applied for Hertfordshire to do child nursing! Was wondering what do you do on the assessment day, what kind of questions did they ask, and what's it like there??
Reply 393
Original post by chloe95
Hey i've applied for Hertfordshire to do child nursing! Was wondering what do you do on the assessment day, what kind of questions did they ask, and what's it like there??

Sorry, only just seen this! You do a basic English and Maths test first. It's nothing to really worry about, just GCSE levels things. We then had two lots of interviews. One with school children who asked why we wanted to be nurses, what we'd do if a patient was upset, how you would keep them occupied, did we have any experience working with children. All general things really. Then it was pretty much the same questions with 2 professionals - one a lecturer, the other a qualified nurse.
The best thing is to be honest. If they ask you why you want to be a nurse, don't be afraid to stray away from the usual 'because I want to care for children'. There's nothing wrong with it but you're more likely to stand out if you're a little different :smile:
Reply 394
Original post by StarStar_31
Hey peeps! I'm applying to Child Nursing for 2012 at City, Coventry, Hertfordshire & London South Bank... I'm pretty excited and I wanted to see/know if there were any other future Paediatric Nurses applying to the same Universitys to discuss bits and bobs! haha

Peace and love :smile:

I've applied for coventry too! Slightly worried they haven't sent me an e-mail or anything to say they've received my application!!
Reply 395
Could anyone who has had an interview at leeds uni for child nursing give me an indication as to what the maths questions are like and what format eg multiple choice or not and also what the interview was like? thanks! :smile: x
Im applying for child nursing MSc in LJMU, interviews will be taking place around april.Anyone have any tips which would be useful throughout the interview? Also the maths questions?
Hi, I went through child nursing interviews last year, and what I realised that generally, the maths is of GCSE basic standard, and below. Learn your fractions, decimals, Bitesize GCSE maths will cover all this, it might be beneficial to ask the uni more of an idea on the tests, what level they are looking at etc. I think they do maths tests to prove the C+ you got in gcse maths still stands, but you might have to do lots of revision, I certainly did!
Now for the interviews, you are doing a masters! (wow!) I looked at the health section of the BBC news website to keep up to date with recent issues as well as knowing any problems/news on the NHS, and use this info either to discuss on your own (if it's a more open question) like I looked a lot at childhood obesity (relevant to your field= dedicated student) and also it's good to write things down on revision cards asking all the questions you think they might ask, eg : why child nursing specifically, any recent issues in the news, why you think it's in the news (why it's important) your opinion on health issues, why nursing, what skills and qualities you have that would help you with nursing.

this thread has some more:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1855361
Reply 398
Original post by rachbiom
I've got an interview at Oxford Brookes!!!! YEY... soooooooo happy :biggrin:

hi . i was just wondering if you could givr me some advice. ive applied to do childrens nursing and oxford brookes is one of my options. could you tell me what its like etv please :smile: xx
BCU Child Nursing April 2013

Hi :-)
Just to let you know a Facebook group has been created for our cohort, please search using the above title.

Claire :-) x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending