The Student Room Group

Wearing glasses without lenses. New trend?

Discuss people! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds like a trend for morons.
a trend for those below the age of 12..
This isn't a new trend...I swear 2010 was THE year to wear "nerd" glasses - those plastic frames without lenses - as an accessory?
Reply 4
What? 0_o
I think its like a hat but on your eyes.
Reply 6
If I ever see someone wearing these I will be forced to slap them - a man slap, not a bitch slap, at that. :ahee:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Guaranteed to make you look like a gimp.

A perfect addition would be a pair of shoes with no soles.
Reply 8
Seems a step in the wrong direction.

I was overjoyed when I was able to wear lenses without glasses!
Whats there to discuss? You just decided to create a new 'trend' by simply saying something followed by discuss? You're an idiot, I've never seen this and never want to see it.
I've seen these in shops and online.

Don't think it'll catch on though - they're already in the bargain/sale bins, etc.

Hopefully it won't catch on! I'm all for stylish glasses, but what's the point if they have nothing but frames?
It actually is a trend! It's so stupid. "Hipsters" in NYC, here in Toronto and various other large cities where people have nothing to do but make "fashion statements" started to wear glasses without lenses. They tend to be large thick framed glasses, like Ray Bans. It's ridiculous. I wear thick framed glasses WITH lenses, and people always ask me if they're real. Why on earth would I wear fake glasses?
Reply 12
People have been doing this in Brighton and London for years. I guess the rest of the country has finally caught on.
Reply 13
Original post by SoulfulBoy

Original post by SoulfulBoy
Discuss people! :smile:

no. the trend's been around for a while.
It looks retarded.

Old trend that's hopefully being shelved real soon.
I thought (hoped?) this trend was old enough to be on the way out.
Reply 16
I didn't think this was a trend anymore...I have only seen these glasses worn as part of a fancy dress costume.
Looks ridiculous. I've noticed so many girls going around wearing "geek" glasses (and not for fancy dress either) and I just think: :facepalm2: At least be cool and have bad eyesight so you can get some proper ones!
Reply 18
Omg, it's stupid. But surely people will grow out of it & only use them as part as a costume now? Unless they are genuinally glasses that have lenses that they need :smile:!
having good eye sight but wearing fake glasses is mainstream now...

I started using these crutches i dont need instead :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest