The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I personally don't like the labels of "liberal" and "conservative" The Catholic Church is not a political organisation and it is not a democracy. Surely there is just those "whom accept the authority of the Pope" and "those who don't."
Reply 781
yawn
Jesus knows what is in your heart - He is your judge, not others.

But remember - He does see everything! :wink:

Uh oh!

:wink: :p: :biggrin:
Reply 782
Napoleon
I personally don't like the labels of "liberal" and "conservative" The Catholic Church is not a political organisation and it is not a democracy. Surely there is just those "whom accept the authority of the Pope" and "those who don't."

Very true words.

Unfortunately, as humans we have frailties and coupled with sinfulness, we tend to 'pick and mix' - as I think you said before.

What we must not do is to be judgemental since judgement belongs to God alone.

We must not fail to see is the mote in our own eye because we are too busy looking for the splinter in the eye of another.

Having said all that - I am a faithful and dutiful Catholic who strives my utmost to obey God's will, guided by the earthly leader of Christ's Church.

I would like to ask one question though:

Revelations tells us that there will be a final battle between good and evil before Christ comes again. That battle will be partly fought against the foundations of Christ's Church. If there are any changes in Church doctrine that move away radically from former teachings, are we to obey or question whether this is the work of God or of Satan?
do you mean, like, Vatican II?
Reply 784
shinytoy
do you mean, like, Vatican II?

No.

I am talking about 'end times'.
Reply 785
I personally dont disagree with Vatican II, though I think it has been misinterpreted greatly.
Reply 786
This link detailing the Popes in the Church's history, culminating in the final papacy before Christ's second coming is based on the prophesies of St. Malachy and the Book of Revelations as told to John.

http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article41.htm

scroll down to read from "The second Pope after John Paul II" et seq. There is also an interesting read on our current Pope Benedict XVI.

We are warned of an anti-christ that will lead people away from Christ by his powerful persuasion, charismatic personality and the ability to perform minor miracles.

Whatever about it, remember Christ's words in the Gospels'. "No one knows the hour or the day...not even I...only the Father." :smile:
Reply 787
yawn
This link detailing the Popes in the Church's history, culminating in the final papacy before Christ's second coming is based on the prophesies of St. Malachy and the Book of Revelations as told to John.

scroll down to read from "The second Pope after John Paul II" et seq. There is also an interesting read on our current Pope Benedict XVI.

We are warned of an anti-christ that will lead people away from Christ by his powerful persuasion, charismatic personality and the ability to perform minor miracles.

Whatever about it, remember Christ's words in the Gospels'. "No one knows the hour or the day...not even I...only the Father." :smile:

"My own interpretation of the Bible places the destruction of Rome and Vatican City in July of A.D. 2013. " eep.

"
The Arabs forces will win World War III and will occupy a vast territory for many years. They will oppress and persecute Christians. In the 2030's, this persecution will become very severe. The Arab forces will massacre many Christians. They will hunt down priests and religious and devout Catholics to imprison, torture, and kill them. Millions of Catholic Christians will be killed. This massacre will take place over several years. " Erm... :afraid:

I don't like that article :frown:
Reply 788
deej

Read my reminder in my last sentence again.

"Only the Father knows the hour and the day" - this is an interpretation of prophecies - it will not necessarily come about in this way. We have to continue to pray for peace and put our trust in Christ. :smile:
Reply 789
yawn
Read my reminder in my last sentence again.

"Only the Father knows the hour and the day" - this is an interpretation of prophecies - it will not necessarily come about in this way. We have to continue to pray for peace and put our trust in Christ. :smile:

Yes, I know, but if it comes true, he won't interfere in the wars.
Reply 790
Dont lose sleep over that article...:p:
Reply 791
That's good advice from Napoleon, deej.
Fascinating story, entirely likely, possibly wrong.
Reply 793
yawn

I find that article very disturning :s:
Reply 794
deej
"My own interpretation of the Bible places the destruction of Rome and Vatican City in July of A.D. 2013. " eep.

"
The Arabs forces will win World War III and will occupy a vast territory for many years. They will oppress and persecute Christians. In the 2030's, this persecution will become very severe. The Arab forces will massacre many Christians. They will hunt down priests and religious and devout Catholics to imprison, torture, and kill them. Millions of Catholic Christians will be killed. This massacre will take place over several years. " Erm... :afraid:

I mean whilst I can see the link with terrorism etc, I really doubt they would be capable of stuff like that, not least because if the US thought that that was going to happen, they'd be bombed into oblivion!!
They may try, but they may fail, look at the situation thyre in now.

If its God's will then "Americans" will not get in the way. Just to reiterate, this shouldnt change anybody's life, oh also, this guy is American too :wink:
fr browne
Fascinating story, entirely likely, possibly wrong.

Oh come off it - was that sarcasm?

Arabs occupying Rome - Now if they get their hands on a nuclear bomb ... they could attack Rome (God forbid - literally) and the radioactive fallout could be something of an occupation. And Rome does really symbolise the 'Western' world more than any other place IMO.

But, I do hope this is just my wild imagination more than anything else.
Reply 797
Ossie, you a fan of President Johnson?
Well not a fan as such.
But that said ... the man is something of a legend. His foreign policies were terrible, to the point of disgrace. But on a domestic front - his policies and ideas were brave and ahead of their time.

When compared to his predecessors (bar possibly FDR) and especially successors (Nixon, Reagan, Dubya etc.) his domestic achievements have been unmatched.
Reply 799
fr browne
They may try, but they may fail, look at the situation thyre in now.

If its God's will then "Americans" will not get in the way. Just to reiterate, this shouldnt change anybody's life, oh also, this guy is American too:wink:

Well then you probably shouldn't believe his interpretation... :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending