The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
hi guys,i am gonna be at Creative Creation For Fashion .anyone the same to me ?:smile:
Reply 481
Original post by GinaBel
that's fantastic congrats :smile: are you still deciding between other offers or taking the FdA for sure? yes i will most definitely see you there! I'll be staying at Manna Ash, and yourself? and are you originally UK based?

Yep i've decided on the FdA with the intention of getting a full BA at the end :smile: Are you planning on year 3 or sticking with an FdA? And yeah i'm UK based and will be living in Will Wyatt! :smile:
Reply 482
Original post by tinasylvia
Yep i've decided on the FdA with the intention of getting a full BA at the end :smile: Are you planning on year 3 or sticking with an FdA? And yeah i'm UK based and will be living in Will Wyatt! :smile:

fantastic! yep absolutely planning on completing the 3rd year :smile: so looks like we're in this for the long run! okay well we wont be in halls together but will catch you on the 24th sept! woo!
Reply 483
hey im also at manna ash and LCF for cordwainers footwear. x
this is a long shot, but is there anyone that has a place at don gratton or will wyatt and wanted a place at costume store? i really need to swap!
Reply 485
Unconditional for BA Fashion photography at Lime Grove. Cant wait! Please get in touch if we are going to be class mates!
(edited 11 years ago)
Those of you who've applied for student loan could you help me at all?

I have completed my student finance a while back but I feel like it's not going to be enough.

It's about £4500 for my student loan, £4000 for my maintenance grant and £7,2000 for my tuition fees.

I know my tuition fees are correct but I have no idea how much to borrow?!

I will be studying general fashion for a year, so will need few materials, tube travel, and accomodation is 8,000-10,000 depending on how many weeks I stay for a year.

My mum has said she has been saving £3,000 to pay for either maintenance or accomodation,
so this will give me £4500+4000+3000=11,500.

Do you think I should keep my loan and grant the same them or increase them? Leaving this money from my mother in a savings account to pay back later.

I have no idea some advice would be grateful thanks!
I've got a fashion business interview on Wednesday, what should I expect? Also I'm not sure what to wear..I don't want to dress to formal but don't want to give off a bad impression by dressing too informal.
Hi there,
I'm currently in college doing A Levels (Art, Textiles, Business and an EPQ based on fashion) and it's almost my time to apply for Uni's. It has always been my dream to become a fashion designer. I'm applying for art foundations at Central Saint Martins, Falmouth and Farnham. But my focus will be on applying for two foundation courses at London College of Fashion. I am torn between 'Fashion Design and Marketing', 'Pattern Cutting' and 'Surface Textiles Design'. I was wondering if there was anyone who could give me advice on which would be best to do to get into the fashion industry and eventually become a designer.

I'm going to the Open Day in October which should help me with more information on the courses. I want to go into RTW womenswear and will probably do a BA Honors/Masters in Fashion Design Womenswear, I would just really like some advice on which LCF foundation course to take.

Thank you so so much, any advice is greatly appreciated! :smile:

(full thread below)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2096664
hey! i ll be studying access to higher education fashion -lcf at lime grove! i m looking for a flatshare... anyone can help me? contact me at [email protected] please thank you!
Original post by MoranChan
hi guys,i am gonna be at Creative Creation For Fashion .anyone the same to me ?:smile:

Hey do you mean creative direction for fashion. In that case yes (;

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 491
Hi,
I'm currently doing my GCSE's, and was wondering what A- Levels you guys took to get into LCF?
I would like to do a Bachelors in either Fashion Photography or Creative Direction.
Did they expect a GCSE in a Language, and what A-Levels were preferred?

Thanks in advanced!
Reply 492
hey guys ...
i just got an unconditional offer for Design Management for the fashion industries @ LCF...
Wonder if its good??
I am dreadfully confused between that n MA Fashion Marketing and branding @ winchester scholl of art !

Wat do i do !!!

Kirthana
Original post by kerthu
hey guys ...
i just got an unconditional offer for Design Management for the fashion industries @ LCF...
Wonder if its good??
I am dreadfully confused between that n MA Fashion Marketing and branding @ winchester scholl of art !

Wat do i do !!!

Kirthana

Hey I think you probably meant to post this in the LCF 2013 thread not the 2012 thread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I got an offer to study at LCF last year but then ended up choosing the "safe" option & went on to study English language and Communication at King's College London. However, I find my course quite boring, so I'm thinking of changing to LCF, which was originally my dream. If any of you are now actually at LCF, how do you find it? I've read a lot of negative reviews about the college, are these actually accurate? Overall, do you think it's worth it? Any help will be appreciated, especially from those studying Fashion Management. Thanks, Dorothy x

Quick Reply

Latest