The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

did you hear back from LJMU at all and if so was it for sept 2012 or march 2013 entry?
Reply 461
hey dont suppose anyone is still waiting to hear back from salford..i had an interview back in january and still havnt heard anything...should i worry? :/
Reply 462
Original post by kh2012
hey dont suppose anyone is still waiting to hear back from salford..i had an interview back in january and still havnt heard anything...should i worry? :/

I had an interview at Salford in February and got an unconditional offer at the end of March. I wouldnt worry though they will probably release more places between now and the deadline if people decline offers. Good Luck x
Hi!!!

I had my interview for
Hi!!!

I had my interview for Adult nursing at Chester on the 23rd March. Has anyone heard yet?? they said up to 4 weeks to hear but i no someone who had a interview this year for Sept 2013 and she has already been offered a condition offer!!! its driving me madd :mad: xx
Original post by kh2012

I am, I had my interview in November
Reply 466
Hii, has anyone been offered places for northumbria or manchester met? I'm struggling on which one to choose :frown: xx
Original post by Pink84
Thanks!! Im doing Adult nursing and I LOVED the uni etc, the people were so lovely and I got a really good feel for the place when I was there :smile: x

Hi, just saw this post, which campus will you be studying at? I'm starting on may 8th at the avery hill campus (adult), really excited!! :biggrin: xxx
Original post by Ladybird
Hi everyone

I have applied for Sep 12 for Adult Nursing at LJMU, Edge Hill, Uni of Liverpool, Northumbria and Chester.

Got 4/5 invite to interviews so far; Uni of Liverpool next week (!!) LJMU on 21st March, Edge Hill on 28th March and have had invitation from Northumbria for 15th March but I have to ask for a different date as I'm away that week.

I emailed Chester today as I still hadn't heard from them and they said they're still processing applications received in November (sent mine late Dec) so not to worry and they will be in touch soon.

Edge Hill is my 1st choice but i will be pleased to get into any of them at the moment as I know places are really tight.

Does anyone have any tips about the Liverpool selection day? And also what types of questions were people asked in their interviews?

Good Luck to everyone that is applying xx

Hello just wondering if you have heard back from ljmu yet? I also had my interview on the 21st march! im still waiting to hear, I rang them last week and they said it could be within the next couple of days i will hear as they have has a back log of applicants! Also, I had my chester interview on tues 17th april, when was your chester interview? x
Yeah I heard about two weeks ago, that I got an offer for septemeber intake! Takes them about two till three weeks to come back with an offer! Although I think september intake is filled and anyone that gets an offer now is for march 2013!(Dont quote me, could change) Don't know if that good or bad! :/lol Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 470
Original post by kh2012

I had an interview at salford in february and received an offer 2 weeks later. I wouldn't worry though, if you haven't been declined then they may be waiting for someone else to decline their place and then offer it to you?
Reply 471
anyone can help? I received an offer letter from UCLan, my first choice, but it's been 2 weeks and my UCAS track still hasn't changed?? should I be worried?
don't suppose anyone has heard back from edge hill for nursing yet??
Hey! Just reading this forum - congrats on all your offers and getting interviews etc etc etc!!
I just have two questions -

1) Did anyone do BTEC level 3 diploma in health and social care?
2) Do all uni's for children's nursing require you to sit numeracy and literacy tests?

Thank you!! :smile:
Hey don't know if its the same but I do OCR national diploma level 3 Health and Social! And yeh all but Huddersfield xx
Reply 475
Hi Everyone

Hope things are all going well with applications

I have recently been offered an interview at UWL for May 17th which i am still unsure
if i can attend however it is the only date available. I have confirmed my attendance will
do my best to go. Has anyone been to an interview here??

Still waiting for a reply from bedfordshire and middlesex not feeling hopeful that they will offer me an interview
Original post by Pippie2222
Hey! Just reading this forum - congrats on all your offers and getting interviews etc etc etc!!

2) Do all uni's for children's nursing require you to sit numeracy and literacy tests?

1. No. I did A-Levels ten years ago in Arts subjects then did an undergraduate degree in an Arts subject!

2. Not children's, but Leeds required just a numeracy test without a calculator, York required neither, and King's required both and gave you a calculator.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Original post by Pippie2222

question one - Yes I am studying that now :smile:
question two - doesn't matter what nursing you choose (mental health, children or adult) you still need to do a numeracy and literacy test.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Uni2010!
Hi Everyone

Hope things are all going well with applications

I have recently been offered an interview at UWL for May 17th which i am still unsure
if i can attend however it is the only date available. I have confirmed my attendance will
do my best to go. Has anyone been to an interview here??

Still waiting for a reply from bedfordshire and middlesex not feeling hopeful that they will offer me an interview

I have been to the west London interview. everyone is friendly including the teachers but are strict. um you will have to do numeracy and literacy test. they will tell you about the course and towards the end you will know if you passed the test or not. Good Luck :smile:
Reply 479
Original post by Quiet:)
I have been to the west London interview. everyone is friendly including the teachers but are strict. um you will have to do numeracy and literacy test. they will tell you about the course and towards the end you will know if you passed the test or not. Good Luck :smile:

Thanks so much for your reply. Im glad they are friendly i have heard they arent so i feel much better now. How do you mean they are strict? what did they do lol worried...

Glad they tell you if you pass the test or not. Think i will struggle with some of the maths conversions

Thanks im really nervous! worried about the questions they will ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending