The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexmagpie

Everything can be microwaved with enough trial and error.

So true. Bacon can be microwaved with excellent, crispy results and less washing up.
when you post on TSR
Original post by Ultraviolet.
So true. Bacon can be microwaved with excellent, crispy results and less washing up.

Interesting
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
...I do this as well. Since we only have about 2 glasses that are a suitable size for drinking out of. Everything and anything can go in a mug.

Except you need to be seen as fair in drinking games and must have a clear glass.
Original post by Wookie42
An American Tesco eh? :colone:

Either that or i bought an american laptop, or maybe both?
Original post by k9markiii
Interesting

First I was skeptical. Then I realised how much cooking time could be eliminated to the advantage of more sleeping time...

Also, when you're counting down to Christmas dinner because it'll be the most filling and tasty meal since you left home...
you clean your piercings to avoid doing work
You wake up and drink last night's leftovers.
You go and buy new underwear just to avoid doing washing.
Reply 189
Original post by ArcadiaHouse

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Really? :holmes: I always buy chicken breasts :colondollar:

Chopped chicken breast is on offer at Sainsburys

Bought 2 lots for £4. Lasted me about 4/5 meals plus I have some in the freezer :smile:
Reply 190
When your freezer is full of frozen food which you keep forgetting to defrost and so starve for another night.

When you accidentally burn food but still eat and and even freeze some for another time.

When you have no idea how to cook but just throw in a bunch of random spices in the hope it will turn out tasty.

When you consistently avoid the cleaner in the morning out of embarrassed of how dirty the kitchen is and even get up at 7am so you can still eat breakfast without having to face her.

When you start wearing shorts in freezing weather because you can't be bothered to do any washing (at the moment I'm wearing flowery shorts with a beach t-shirt and sandals and am about go to a lecture :lol:)

When you bought BF3 or MW3 and are now failing your course.

When you used to be OCD in everything you did, but now a quick wash under the tap of something constitutes it as 'clean'.

When you want to eat you have to wash something up or eat of something dirty, or just hold it in your hands.

When the thing you never thought you'd do, stealing food, happened. I ran out of milk so 'borrowed' some for my tea and coffee. I ran out of margarine and went on a cycle for three days using my flatmates (I'm such a bad person! :eek:).

I could go on forever!
Reply 191
When you wait untill you can see your breath in the morning before caving in and turning on the heating.
Reply 192
Original post by Wookie42
Damn you Cathedral City!

Haha, Stockpiling cheese when its on offer.
Original post by k9markiii
Except you need to be seen as fair in drinking games and must have a clear glass.

I'm not even a student yet. We just have a lot of mugs in my house. And nothing to drink.
When you pour your milk over your cereal but through a sieve first, to catch the lumps.
Freezer full of Sainsbury's basics.
Reply 196
Original post by tribalplanet333
When you pour your milk over your cereal but through a sieve first, to catch the lumps.

:puke:
Original post by tribalplanet333

Not sure it's advisable to drink it at that point. I have lived on dry toast for weeks at times, but I would never sink as low as this
When you read through this whole thread instead of doing work :rolleyes:
Reply 199
You stir a cup of tea with a pen
You have to go out and buy carpet cleaner
You get caught stealing a trolley from tesco

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending