The Student Room Group

What is the worst pain you have ever suffered in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
*shrugs* this government is causing so many problems for so many problems its unreal. I'd rather have labour back. What can I say.

Looks like I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

Also, don't take rep so seriously. The amount of times I've been negged for no reason whatsoever is quite laughable. I don't care tbh.

You like authoritarian governments?

I may be taking it too seriously but so are you if you were so bothered you negged it.

Sorry for derailing your thread, OP. My bad.
Reply 81
When I was 8, I fell down a flight of concrete steps. One of the steps was pretty sharp, and as I fell down I sliced my arm literally from elbow to halfway up my wrist. It was so deep you could see the bone through it. The doctors couldn't even stitch it back together, it was that deep. I had to go for sessions every week at my GP surgery for a nurse to massage the two halfs of skin back together in the hope it would heal itself.
The best part of all of it is, I didn't feel any pain at all. I didn't even realise I had cut my arm open when I did it, it was only when they starting putting huge amounts of bandages all over my arm that I thought something might be wrong. I presume I was in shock or something like that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by HarveyCanis
God yes. 13 years under them was searingly painful.

"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today! "
Reply 83
Stubbing my toe - the one that has an ingrown toenail and is infected and swollen because of it. If I lightly brush that toe with fabric it's intensely painful so stubbing it is pretty bad.
You like authoritarian governments?

I may be taking it too seriously but so are you if you were so bothered you negged it.

Sorry for derailing your thread, OP. My bad.

Labour weren't great, not in the slightest, but they were better than this one. Benefits being cut for people who need them, student tuition fees up, petrol prices astronomical, cost of living through the roof, thousands of people out of work and not enough available jobs....more people are worse off now thanks to this government than they ever were before. They are trying to rectify the mistakes that labour made but they are going about it in entirely the wrong way. I mean, we did actually leave the recession whilst labour were STILL in power, so you can't even attribute the con-libs for getting us out of the recession, because they didn't, that happened before they came to power. I fail to see what good this government has done tbh.

So yeh, I take it seriously. Maybe you aren't suffering as a result of this new government, but SO many are.

I don't take REP as seriously as you though, since you're the one complaining about being negged. Shrug it off dude.

edited to add : ah just saw your sig. Lib Dem supporter. That explains a lot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Labour weren't great, not in the slightest, but they were better than this one. Benefits being cut for people who need them, student tuition fees up, petrol prices astronomical, cost of living through the roof, thousands of people out of work and not enough available jobs....more people are worse off now thanks to this government than they ever were before. They are trying to rectify the mistakes that labour made but they are going about it in entirely the wrong way. I mean, we did actually leave the recession whilst labour were STILL in power, so you can't even attribute the con-libs for getting us out of the recession, because they didn't, that happened before they came to power. I fail to see what good this government has done tbh.

So yeh, I take it seriously. Maybe you aren't suffering as a result of this new government, but SO many are.

I don't take REP as seriously as you though, since you're the one complaining about being negged. Shrug it off dude.

I'd actually love to debate this but what's the point? We've already derailed the thread.

Let's just accept you overreacted by negging and I overreacted by pointing it out. :h:
Reply 86
Everything from the top of my knee down staying still whilst I turned round. Completely rupturing basically the whole knee.
Period pain :frown: (but I take medicine for that) :smile:

When I went ice skating (for the first AND last time) I fell and hurt my leg. Really badly. :frown:

Getting my braces put in, and tightened another time. Also when I started wearing retainers.
I'd actually love to debate this but what's the point? We've already derailed the thread.

Let's just accept you overreacted by negging and I overreacted by pointing it out. :h:

ok deal
Appendicitis and ruptured Achilles tendon are two that I'm in no hurry to experience again
Reply 90
Went Paint balling with my Rugby team in January during the snowy period with barely an equipment. Inspired by COD I naively decided to run across this bridge in an attempt to get the flag, ended up tripping over, falling into an ice ditch whilst being pelted with paint balls.

Wasn't even ashamed to cry.
Reply 91
One time I stumbled my toe against my desk, but that one is beaten by me dislocating my small toe due to falling of my little brother's back while wrestling.

I guess I'm pretty lucky. :teehee:
Been lucky enough not to have anything really bad happen to me *touch wood*... um, so I guess cramp, period pains, and I sprained my ankle once?
Reply 93
One of the painful moments I went through was when I was walking down concrete stairs, somehow I slipped and landed on my bum and continued to fall down, my bum hit each of the concrete stairs until I reached the bottom of the stairs. :colondollar:

It was so painful! I thought my bones broke.
I've had many injuries when snowboarding, doing acrobatics and playing basketball. Had broken limbs and coccyx, black eyes, concussions, torn muscles, outpatient surgeries but the worst pain of all - the pinnacle of all hurt is occasionally stubbing my toes
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Whats with the violence people, lets be thankfull. We can talk about our accidents and laugh but what if they were a calamity. I'm talking serious like others!!!

.....any happy stories?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Maoam.
When I got ran over by a speeding car was pretty painful though lucky to come through unharmed other than cuts/bruises and shattered confidence. Falling down the stairs was another painful event for me :frown:

What is the worst pain you have had in your life, physically ?

this one time I trapped my foreskin in my zipper.
Edit: have done my scrotum too, not 100% sure which made me panic more.
Original post by ...mo...
Whats with the violence people

Any happy stories?

happy stories of pain probably aren't that common.

mine was pretty happy - the end result was worth the pain.
Not sure if it's been said before, but blue balls :colonhash: it's like being kicked in the *******s except it doesn't go away :unimpressed:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 99
This one time I was making cereal, I put the cereal in the bowl and went to get the milk.

Spoiler

Worst pain....ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending