The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i havent heard from morgan stanley either!
I got Lehman Brothers offer :smile:

But now I can't choose between them and Morgan Stanley! I feel like I shouldn't do both because I need to revise for exams and I'm also taking a couple of holdiays with friends. If I did both I'd only have 1.5 weeks for revision... hard choice! :confused:

So, if I try to choose between them, these are my (probably naive) thoughts:

Morgan Stanley is in the top 3 or so IBs, it's very respected and would look good on CV. The people were very friendly when I went for interview. They sort out accomodation for us where as Lehman doesn't. 5 days, a day with each division.

Lehman Brothers treats its graduates better - management acknowledges their hard work and they feel more valued. I've heard that Morgan Stanley graduates are worked into the ground. Lehman may not yet be quite up with Morgan Stanley, but it's improved so much in the last 5 years and almost certainly will be by the time I graduate. They pay better for this scheme. 10 days, entire time with 1 division.

I guess I need to decide pretty quick so I can let them know - what do you all think?
Do both and start revision now.
Either do both if you feel you can spare the time but I would say if you had to choose one... Lehmans. Its more focused and you'll really learn a lot more. Its grown so much in the last decade and its still growing. It was the only bank still hiring during the slumping years from 2000 where the others were firing.

Just generally I think the bank is only going to get bigger and better, its right on the tail of goldmans with respect to earnings of the bank per employee (I think GS is £1m per employee, lehmans is at £800,000 and generally all other banks are around the 500,000mark. I was told these stats by my interviewer though and you know how you can do anything with statistics :p: )

But Morgan is a top top bank....

Do both you lucky thing!

Latest

Trending

Trending