The Student Room Group

The UGLIEST car?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cynthi007
really? hmm. I actually dislike the colour but I like Vauxhall Tigra. But I wonder why they call themselves Vauxhall in England. It is a German brand called "Opel". I like this car.

Because GM bought over Vauxhall long ago just like how they bought Opel.

Due to historical reasons they make the same car and let it wear a different badge, the idea behind it is so people in Britain will think that they are buying a British car..

They do that in Australia as well, where many similar cars that would be sold as an Opel or Chevrolet in EU will be sold as a Holden.
Reply 21
Original post by Erich Hartmann
Because GM bought over Vauxhall long ago just like how they bought Opel.

Due to historical reasons they make the same car and let it wear a different badge, the idea behind it is so people in Britain will think that they are buying a British car..

They do that in Australia as well, where many similar cars that would be sold as an Opel or Chevrolet in EU will be sold as a Holden.

really? lol. hidden German stuff distributed in the UK. :biggrin:

Thanks for telling me. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
I think any Renault would win this ranking. :P

Ther is a Nissan calles "Pajero", which means ****er in German. Nice name. It is Spanish and is supposed to sound cool but it makes me laugh.

I believe you mean 'Mitsubishi' Pajero :wink: Google Images doesn't bring up any results for Nissan Pajero.
Reply 23
Original post by Nuffles
I believe you mean 'Mitsubishi' Pajero :wink: Google Images doesn't bring up any results for Nissan Pajero.

probably. I mixed it up. sorry. but a ****er is a ****er... :biggrin:
Reply 24
really? hmm. I actually dislike the colour but I like Vauxhall Tigra. But I wonder why they call themselves Vauxhall in England. It is a German brand called "Opel". I like this car.

It just looks so bunched up and like two different cars have been slammed together

Someone two roads away from me has one and it's uglier in the flesh.
Original post by 'Shadowplay'

they see me rollin'...

:love:

I want that car so badly :smile:
[QUOTE="Nuffles;35057431"]I've actually grown quite fond of Fiat Multiplas, for all their insane styling - both inside and out.

My contender would have to be the Chrysler PT Cruiser.

An attempt at (frankly, gorgeous) 30's and 40's American car styling - and a massive[/I failure.

Second place would be the G-Wiz. Painfully ugly car.

Another junk that the same company made using the same theme.

But then they got outdone by GM when they made this :-

Ugly cars... all those crap junks built by British Leyland in the 70s... chiefly :-

Morris Marina

Austin Allegro

Austin 1800 (Princess)

Triumph TR7

Morris Ital

You would think in the 1980s they would have learned their lessons but urghhh they came up with this ugly crap junk. Austin Montego

But then they weren't the only ones producing ugly junks.

Some ugly French junks :-

Renault 4

Citroen SM little wonder they went bankrupt during the production of this car.

Another ugly one from Renault, a Twingo.

Some ugly junks from USA

AMC Eagle

AMC Gremlin (It was full of gremlins as well) :tongue:

AMC Pacer

Ford Pinto
Reply 28
I drive a citroen picasso (old shape) and that really does look like a bubble on wheels, but it ferries three children around safely and it's not too expensive to run.

It is bloody ugly though, even the kids have asked me "when are you getting a proper car" :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Original post by Erich Hartmann
Another junk that the same company made using the same theme.

But then they got outdone by GM when they made this :-

Ugly cars... all those crap junks built by British Leyland in the 70s... chiefly :-

Morris Marina

Austin Allegro

Austin 1800 (Princess)

Triumph TR7

Morris Ital

You would think in the 1980s they would have learned their lessons but urghhh they came up with this ugly crap junk. Austin Montego

But then they weren't the only ones producing ugly junks.

Some ugly French junks :-

Renault 4

Citroen SM little wonder they went bankrupt during the production of this car.

Another ugly one from Renault, a Twingo.

Some ugly junks from USA

AMC Eagle

AMC Gremlin (It was full of gremlins as well) :tongue:

AMC Pacer

Ford Pinto

Fair play to most of them, but I have a certain soft spot for the Marina and the Ital :awesome:

Not only was the Pinto ass-ugly, but it led to one of the biggest legal cases in automobile history - Which Ford didn't even learn from and went on to repeat with the Explorer :rolleyes:
Why has nobody yet said a Ford Ka?
Although, whoever said it is right. Anything Renault make. Who ever said the French had style?!
Original post by RJ555

Agreed. I remember seeing this car many years ago and thinking how ugly it was :lol:
Oliver

(top gear reference)
Reply 33

How has this not been mentioned?
Reply 34
Tata Nano
I like the Nissan Juke :p:
Reply 36

And the normal smart cars...
Reply 37
Robin Reliant

Original post by AnyoneOutThere
Why has nobody yet said a Ford Ka?
Although, whoever said it is right. Anything Renault make. Who ever said the French had style?!

The newest ford KA model isn't too bad but the older ones are very ugly, Nissan micra's imo are awful too.
Original post by Nuffles
Fair play to most of them, but I have a certain soft spot for the Marina and the Ital :awesome:

Not only was the Pinto ass-ugly, but it led to one of the biggest legal cases in automobile history - Which Ford didn't even learn from and went on to repeat with the Explorer :rolleyes:

Learn?? Heh... actually if you keep up with big American corporations and their product liabilities, you will find that the Pinto case is actually a landmark case for a different reason.

That case started a whole new era of Ford, GM and Chrysler doing cost-benefit-analysis on whether it would be cheaper to redesign a product, send it out with a defective design anyway or whether to even recall the product or take their chance and be sued for compensation.

The Explorer vs Firestone tyres fiasco.... again it was the same thing, they calculated that it would be cheaper to sell that Explorer (which had a super huge profit margin) with bad tyres and instruction, then just too many tyres started blowing and then it became too expensive.

It always amazes me what all stuff American companies can come up with, but that's their corporations for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending