The Student Room Group

The interview discussion & help thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by flamingoshoes

Oh god, they sound harder than I expected! I thought it was just going to be "why do you want to teach?" and things like that!

Thats probably quite clever, cos you know what that specific Uni's looking for now - hope it goes well for you!!

thanks for that should be help my interivew is at hull on 19th dec and any advice on this would be great
thanks
Original post by lowe28
Hi when do you have your interview?:smile:

Next Tuesday :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by Sarang_assa
Next Tuesday :smile:

ah good luck!!! :-)
I've been going through a maths work book. Not as stressed about it as I was, since finding out it's a multiple choice test with a calculator. Some of it is coming back from my GCSE maths, but it doesn't mean I like it any more than I did then :tongue: Damn algebra. Currently on algebra with brackets. Doubt it will come up, but I'd rather have it in my mind.
I've still got no letter or email but my status has changed :s-smilie:
You don't need to worry at this stage. When I applied last year, I had an interview set for a month or 2 away and track didn't update, so it went over a non-response deadline and defaulted to 'declined' and moved my application on.

So, if you think you are going to pass that deadline, you should phone the university and ask them to update track, but for an interview this month and so far before the deadline, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Good luck with the interview!
Reply 126
Original post by Hannahk16

Original post by Hannahk16
I've had interviews at: (for primary education)
-mmu
-sheffield hallam
-chester
-liverpool jmu
if anyone wants to know anything about any of them interviews let me know and i'll tell you.

Hi, ive applied too at liverpool jmu and chester

are the interviews quite difficult and challenging? also, just how was it overall for them both?
Nottingham Trent is my second choice, I have an interview for Derby on Tuesday. I'm in the same confident/sick way, more sick than confident though haha!

Hope your interview goes well!

Good luck with your Derby interview!!! I was unsuccessful with my firs choice and put Derby down as my next one....
Original post by tigergrowl
Good luck with your Derby interview!!! I was unsuccessful with my firs choice and put Derby down as my next one....

I was going to apply for derby cos its nearby but i heard that their teaching school isnt well recognised as a good one so i went for leicester as my second choice!

Oh, does that mean you've got an interview at Derby or are you waiting to hear? I hate that we have to wait to be rejected before we can try again :frown:
Does anybody have any idea what kind of questions will be asked on the science test at a PGCE interview? I've got mine on Tuesday and I'm starting to panic haha!
Original post by lowe28
Hello, has anyone got an interview at Derby Uni?

I have one on Wednesday!! Well nervous have not got a clue what I am doing! :/
Reply 132
Original post by StudentTeacher1
I have one on Wednesday!! Well nervous have not got a clue what I am doing! :/

Thats exciting! I have one on thursday, also very nervous :-/
Original post by lowe28
Thats exciting! I have one on thursday, also very nervous :-/

What issues do you have? I am getting worried mine are wrong!
Oh, does that mean you've got an interview at Derby or are you waiting to hear? I hate that we have to wait to be rejected before we can try again :frown:

No no interview yet, just waiting to hear. Totally know what u mean!!!

Original post by pineapple86
I was going to apply for derby cos its nearby but i heard that their teaching school isnt well recognised as a good one so i went for leicester as my second choice!

Aah, tbh I'm happy with getting on a pgce course annnnywhere, I just wanna get on with the damn thing lol!!
No no interview yet, just waiting to hear. Totally know what u mean!!!

Aah, tbh I'm happy with getting on a pgce course annnnywhere, I just wanna get on with the damn thing lol!!

Lol well i wish you luck x
Does anybody have any idea what kind of questions will be asked on the science test at a PGCE interview? I've got mine on Tuesday and I'm starting to panic haha!

2 more sleeps! It's dampening my xmas spirit a a little! The e-mail we got said the tests lasted 45 mins! so that'sn't only 15 mins each, can't expect too much in 15 minutes right? More nervous about the mental maths eek! I've done a bit of revision on gcse bitesize. See you Tuesday!
2 more sleeps! It's dampening my xmas spirit a a little! The e-mail we got said the tests lasted 45 mins! so that'sn't only 15 mins each, can't expect too much in 15 minutes right? More nervous about the mental maths eek! I've done a bit of revision on gcse bitesize. See you Tuesday!

Yeah I've been on Bitesize too - PANICKING haha! I'm surprisingly most worried about the English cos I've heard we might have to review the book and I don't really know what theyre looking for :s-smilie:

I'm getting worried about the "thinking" task now too! Ohhhh it's so scary!!
Yeah I've been on Bitesize too - PANICKING haha! I'm surprisingly most worried about the English cos I've heard we might have to review the book and I don't really know what theyre looking for :s-smilie:

I'm getting worried about the "thinking" task now too! Ohhhh it's so scary!!

when I was doing my researc h on interview questions I found someone say make sure you know the plot of the book and why its good for young children, maybe how you would use it in the classroom?
when I was doing my researc h on interview questions I found someone say make sure you know the plot of the book and why its good for young children, maybe how you would use it in the classroom?

Ooh thanks, that could be helpful!

I couldn't sleep last night I was getting so nervous - kept waking up in cold sweats haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending