The Student Room Group

Is it worth getting a Tesco Clubcard?

I've sorta glanced through a leaflet but the rewards seem a bit hard to reach but I have barely looking into it, wondering if anyone has already and can tell me lol.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah. No harm in getting one.
If you're ok with them using it to spy on you, it's a good deal.

Negger: do you dispute that they are spying on your purchases when you use it, or that it is a good scheme?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
i love mine, when you're broke and least expect it, a voucher pops in about £3, £5 usually for me haha buzzing lol x)
You've got nothing really to lose! All that they get to do is track your purchases (to aid their marketing decisions) and you'll get vouchers in return.
Reply 5
Original post by Illusionary
You've got nothing really to lose! All that they get to do is track your purchases (to aid their marketing decisions) and you'll get vouchers in return.

big brother is here....
Original post by kingme

Original post by kingme
big brother is here....

I take your point, but personally I'm not overly concerned about the information that they can glean from my use of their scheme.
I think it is. Every 3 months they send vouchers (depending on how much points you earn) which means £3-£5 free food when I next go to the shops. Also sometimes when I go to some of the bigger tesco stores I get printed vouchers which I get £3 off when I spend £20 or more if I shop within a week (I have now received this voucher 3 times in a row when going to tesco)
Reply 8
Yes! They're completely free and you can get stuff out of it!

My Mum saves her points up every year and for the past three years we've gone to Butlins on them, top accom and dining on the vouchers! You can get money off of petrol and everything!
Reply 9
Original post by Illusionary
I take your point, but personally I'm not overly concerned about the information that they can glean from my use of their scheme.

nah I'm not to bothered.

it just occurred to me recently how little privacy we all have - in a sense big brother is here, but as a result of business and the internet rather than some sort of totalitarianism.

as long as they placate me with free things je ne care pas.
Yes, it's free and you get money off vouchers.
You can double up the vouchers on wine :P My mum got £500 of wine last week, which was kind of free because they were bought on vouchers, and she does that about twice a year. You can get them tripled if you use them for hotels, 5 of us stayed in London in a 4* hotel for 3 nights on vouchers too. Get one!
(edited 12 years ago)
yes definitely. I've got loads of stuff thanks to clubcard vouchers before.
Yeah get one, it's free and you will get vouchers for money off which is good and depending on how much you shop at tesco you could buy something for free,
Reply 13
It aids tesco become a greater and bigger firm creating many big companies and very little competition. Before we know companies will buy the entire world and make use into slaves. Please show your support to small companies who are slowly diminishing.

A tesco club card will no doubt make you shop there more often.
Reply 14
My parents have them and they're always getting coupons to use in the shop to get 50% off this and 25 extra points for that . . .
Reply 15
Every little helps.
Reply 16
The most common problem is the information they store on you. It's worth it or not depending on if it bothers you.
Original post by Cicerao
The most common problem is the information they store on you. It's worth it or not depending on if it bothers you.

ZOMG!

Information such prefers coke to pepsi?
Unless you are someone who pays for everything in cash, there really is no way to prevent your information and data to be mined.

You might as well get one of these cards and at least enjoy some benefits out of it :biggrin:
Reply 19
Free stuff... should never be questioned : P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending