The Student Room Group

Still struggling to find a job

Anyone else in my position, finished exams and still on the job hunt. Applied to 40+ jobs at this point. Searched on indeed and applied directly on the websites for jobs. Waiting on the majority of them too. Tesco taking especially long. Rejected by a few, before having gotten an interview. What to do? Going in person with a CV is pointless because I'm redirected to apply on the website.
I'd suggest looking into work agencies, such as Travail. They will usually take anyone and are very flexible. I worked for the aforementioned and had work within 1 week of getting in touch by phone - worked all over the place, with week by week planning in advance and all sort's of jobs to pick from, and they pay at least the full National Living Wage so it's quite good if you're young (sub 23) and need work quick.
Original post by efijier
Anyone else in my position, finished exams and still on the job hunt. Applied to 40+ jobs at this point. Searched on indeed and applied directly on the websites for jobs. Waiting on the majority of them too. Tesco taking especially long. Rejected by a few, before having gotten an interview. What to do? Going in person with a CV is pointless because I'm redirected to apply on the website.

Agencies might be worth a try.
Also try fast food places (e.g. mcdonalds) as they seem to take on quite a few students.
Reply 3
What kind of agencies would tyou suggest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending