The Student Room Group

Chose wrong A level, should i change now?

iv recently started 6th college this year. i do maths, chemistry, economics and business.

Firstly, im not enjoying college partly due to choosing wrong college, but im over that now since im kind of coping.

Iv decide already i will drop business studys for A2, because its way too boring, so much so i cant concentrate in class or do homework and it make me feel like shooting my self.

So i will carry on doing Maths, chemistry and economics. But after like 3 months of college iv already decided i want to do economics in the future and university. The problem is that chemistry is a really hard A level (like harder that maths), i wouldnt mind doing it if was going into Chemistry in university. But im not, so whats the point of doing really hard Alevel chemistry if im just going to do economics. Plus chemistry scares me sometimes.

Now after three months of colleege i wish i did geography instead of business, because i did geography at GCSE and i really enjoyed it and was good at it. I wish this because i would allow me to drop chemistry and continue with a subject that i like and would influence and help my knowledge for economics and uni .

If my college allows me to change to geography from business in this time of the year, is it a good idea to change or is it too late. Give me some advise please.

And overall im really not like college and my life feels like and disaster at the moment.
Original post by elephant1
iv recently started 6th college this year. i do maths, chemistry, economics and business.

Firstly, im not enjoying college partly due to choosing wrong college, but im over that now since im kind of coping.

Iv decide already i will drop business studys for A2, because its way too boring, so much so i cant concentrate in class or do homework and it make me feel like shooting my self.

So i will carry on doing Maths, chemistry and economics. But after like 3 months of college iv already decided i want to do economics in the future and university. The problem is that chemistry is a really hard A level (like harder that maths), i wouldnt mind doing it if was going into Chemistry in university. But im not, so whats the point of doing really hard Alevel chemistry if im just going to do economics. Plus chemistry scares me sometimes.

Now after three months of colleege i wish i did geography instead of business, because i did geography at GCSE and i really enjoyed it and was good at it. I wish this because i would allow me to drop chemistry and continue with a subject that i like and would influence and help my knowledge for economics and uni .

If my college allows me to change to geography from business in this time of the year, is it a good idea to change or is it too late. Give me some advise please.

And overall im really not like college and my life feels like and disaster at the moment.

I think it's too late, especially with an exam in January and the fact that everyone else would be miles ahead of you.
Reply 2
I don't they'll let you swap now but you could ask. and DO NOT drop chemistry, seeing as your doing business and economics, dropping chemistry now would mean unis would only see you as having 2 A levels. they won't accept economics and business as 2 separate Al evels.

If my college allows me to change to geography from business in this time of the year, is it a good idea to change or is it too late.

I dont think its too late but you will have to inform ur head ASAP!!! Erm this is only if u started A2 course in Sept/Oct...

If u started straight after AS in summer then it will be hard to catch up and secondly just think of all the work u hav done for the sub ur plannin on droppin...
Reply 4
Thank you everyone for your advise, I've decided to just stick to what im doing and enjoy what i learn.
Reply 5
Plus chemistry scares me sometimes.

Tell me about it, the monsters that come out of the chemical elements - scary stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest