The Student Room Group

Homesick :(

Hi I'm Flo,
I'm at LIPA studying music. I don't no if i'm homesick or if I've chosen the wrong course :frown: Can anyone help?
Hmm what makes u think ur home sick??? Are u upset a lot???
Reply 2
Well I'm in my first year at uni studying music. I've been here for 4 months now. I've been crying every day for about 2 months but I cant understand why i feel so so so horrible. I don't even wanna play music. I haven't enjoyed any of my classes, all I wanna do is go home. I don't feel safe here. I keep getting so jealous of other musicians and I didn't realise how competitive and ****ing scary the music industry is. It makes me wanna give up just knowing that theres millions of other song writers out there. The work is so hard. I'm just so confused and my self esteem has pretty much hit rock bottom. Knowing that I have to stay here for 3 years scares the **** out of me :/
SORRY FOR WRITING SO MUCH :P
I'm sorry to hear you're upset, Flo.

Unfortunately, you have to be hard working to do well (in most cases) and I can assure you, all the hard work will pay of eventually, but sometimes you do go through stages where you don't feel good at all.

Personally, I think you seem like a really nice person, and I'd love to hear that you've stuck with it and you are starting to enjoy it! Just keep working hard, and try to take your mind off it, it sounds like you could be "over-thinking" things and that's why it's stressing you out so much and taking such a negative impact on you.

Good luck, I really would love to hear that you've done well and stuck with it :smile:
This is one of the things I'm scared about when I go to uni :/

But Apprentice is right, you do seem like a nice person :smile: and if we think that from ONE post, then you have no reason to doubt yourself - I bet loads of people already think you're nice.

Once you see that, I bet you'll start to feel better about your music too. You might see how your music is different from others in its own way because of your personality :P so keep going! Work hard at something you love and you'll benefit from it in the future!

Good luck, keep us updated on how you're doing! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending