The Student Room Group

Annoying little flies...

last couple of days theres been an increasing amount of really small flies populating my house (Southampton btw), anyone else got this or is this just me? anyone have any ideas what it might be? house is reasonably clean etc. and theyre getting freaking annoying...
Could be fruit flies. Cover or discard of any fruit/vegetables that may be exposed and kill any that you see with spray or squash them. They will often congregate at the source, so see if you can identify it.
As mentioned, fruit flies. Get rid of old fruit and throw outside, put out some malt vinegar with some sugar as bait, they'll drown in the mix. Should catch them all after a few days.
Is there a particular room they like? If so, gas it. I left some decomposing fruit in my bin and ended up getting an infestation. Just left my room for an hour and turned the showers on.

If not, just go about it on a room-by-room basis. Try to find the source of the attraction and get rid of it.
Reply 4
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Is there a particular room they like? If so, gas it. I left some decomposing fruit in my bin and ended up getting an infestation. Just left my room for an hour and turned the showers on.

Agreed. Eating some of that decomposing fruit will aid in this endeavour. :ahee:
I was gonna say fruit flies as well. Maybe there's some fruit lying around somewhere that you have forgotten about?
Reply 6
Do you have house plants? If so it could be gnats that live in the damp soil. Just a thought...
Reply 7
We got them over here in Wales too >.< Where do they all come from??!
Reply 8
Yer I'd say fruit flies too, I got them a week after moving into my uni room. Turned out my step-mum had left a bag of fruit in the corner of my room without telling me when I moved in and I had put some bags on top of it....
Reply 9
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
We got them over here in Wales too >.< Where do they all come from??!

Probably started in wales, the welsh are filthy. ;D
Reply 10
Original post by Tommyjw
Probably started in wales, the welsh are filthy. ;D

Good thing I'm Dutch then ;D
Reply 11
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Good thing I'm Dutch then ;D

Dammit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending