The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by apple17
Oh I see, so u don't have to smile the whole time. My friend is like you should smile all the time except when you are answering. :confused:

The only problem with that could be that if you're forcing a smile it could look false which might not be good. You'll probably find yourself naturally smiling because you'll be enthusiastic about it :smile:
Reply 1381
Original post by Parle à ma main
I get you (but not really... cos I think maths is horrible :teehee:). In fairness, there are opportunities in medicine... e.g. you could go into research and analyse results and stuff, or do statistics, if you missed maths a lot. But that's a lot of medicine to get there. Yeah, I can imagine how confused you must be feeling :/

Haha, fair enough. I really want to be a doctor. I'm such a mess. lol I'm probably gonna suck it up though haha long term happiness is always better than short term. Besides, med school may be a million times more interesting than a levels.

Original post by apple17
Hehe. :lol:
I know, mera dusara reason medicine ko chune ke liye. :wink: Woah, thats a lot for the first year of starting work. :redface:
Ask around people or research more. You do have like 5 days of idleness till revision. :tongue:

:rofl: :five: Same reason for me lol. Yeah, exactly! I don't think I'm gonna start revision yet. I need to get myself together right now. :sigh:
Reply 1382
Original post by Revent
Haha, fair enough. I really want to be a doctor. I'm such a mess. lol I'm probably gonna suck it up though haha long term happiness is always better than short term. Besides, med school may be a million times more interesting than a levels.

:rofl: :five: Same reason for me lol. Yeah, exactly! I don't think I'm gonna start revision yet. I need to get myself together right now. :sigh:

Finally, someone understands me. :five:
Yeah, its just going to stress you out more, make up your mind before starting to revise if you ever do get to revising. :tongue:
Reply 1383
Original post by Quackers93
The only problem with that could be that if you're forcing a smile it could look false which might not be good. You'll probably find yourself naturally smiling because you'll be enthusiastic about it :smile:

Oh, I see i see.
Btw, belated merry Christmas. Hope you had a good one.
Original post by apple17
Oh I see, so u don't have to smile the whole time. My friend is like you should smile all the time except when you are answering. :confused:

if i did that, 1) i'd look a bit wierd and fake cause nobody smiles for that long, and 2) my face would start its wierd spasming thing it does when i smile a lot, which is why none of my school photos look good :tongue:

just smile when it feels natural and good to smile
Original post by Revent

I wish we could just do work experience whenever we were feeling doubtful/unmotivated to remind us why we're doing all this. :p:

The stuff covered at med school looks really cool... but somehow, when you have to study something, it mysteriously becomes less interesting :frown:

How is your app going btw?

Spoiler

Reply 1386
Original post by laurie:)
if i did that, 1) i'd look a bit wierd and fake cause nobody smiles for that long, and 2) my face would start its wierd spasming thing it does when i smile a lot, which is why none of my school photos look good :tongue:

just smile when it feels natural and good to smile

Aww, all my school pics suck except last year's. Hate taking pics in general, all the smiling, need to have perfect hair and that jazz. :tongue:
Oh thanks. :smile:
Original post by apple17
Aww, all my school pics suck except last year's. Hate taking pics in general, all the smiling, need to have perfect hair and that jazz. :tongue:
Oh thanks. :smile:

my school photos are so bad my parents havent bought one since early primary school :colondollar:
Reply 1388
Original post by Parle à ma main
I wish we could just do work experience whenever we were feeling doubtful/unmotivated to remind us why we're doing all this. :p:

The stuff covered at med school looks really cool... but somehow, when you have to study something, it mysteriously becomes less interesting :frown:

How is your app going btw?

Spoiler

Haha, same, I wish so too :laugh: I LOVED my work experience so much.
That COULD be it :zomg: I never HAD to learn maths you see because it was almost completely self taught. Out of the 10 modules I've done for Maths and Further Maths so far, 9 were self-taught :p: so it was never a matter of being forced

Original post by apple17
Finally, someone understands me. :five:
Yeah, its just going to stress you out more, make up your mind before starting to revise if you ever do get to revising. :tongue:

I'm sure I will get to revising eventually. I think I can stall though for a bit.
Reply 1389
my school photos are so bad my parents havent bought one since early primary school :colondollar:

Aww, do you not like to smile a lot? :redface:
Reply 1390
Original post by Revent
Haha, same, I wish so too :laugh: I LOVED my work experience so much.
That COULD be it :zomg: I never HAD to learn maths you see because it was almost completely self taught. Out of the 10 modules I've done for Maths and Further Maths so far, 9 were self-taught :p: so it was never a matter of being forced

I'm sure I will get to revising eventually. I think I can stall though for a bit.

Good luck working it out and get a life too :tongue:
Original post by apple17
Aww, do you not like to smile a lot? :redface:

i smile loads normally, but my natural smile is so different to my posed smile, its kinda like when chandler from friends gets his photo taken :rofl:
Reply 1392
i smile loads normally, but my natural smile is so different to my posed smile, its kinda like when chandler from friends gets his photo taken :rofl:

:rofl:
Try smiling naturally next time for photos. :dontknow:, i used to have braces so now I don't like smiling a lot for photos so my face looks tres awkward in them.
Reply 1393
Original post by apple17
Good luck working it out and get a life too :tongue:

Thanks. I'm such a mess. Lol
I've decided that staying awake till 5am watching TV counts as practice for being up till 5am doing work for once I actually start med school :mmm:
Reply 1395
Original post by manic_fuzz
I've decided that staying awake till 5am watching TV counts as practice for being up till 5am doing work for once I actually start med school :mmm:

:yep: Good man.

Have you voted yet? :tongue:
Original post by Vulpes
:yep: Good man.

Have you voted yet? :tongue:

Umm... no? What am I meant to be voting on? :lol:
Reply 1397
Original post by manic_fuzz
Umm... no? What am I meant to be voting on? :lol:

TSR Awards :yep:

PSQ, ViceVersa and I were all nominated for some stuff :biggrin:

Spoiler

Oh and voting in the medic meet thing will be useful too :h:
Original post by Vulpes
TSR Awards :yep:

PSQ, ViceVersa and I were all nominated for some stuff :biggrin:

Spoiler

Oh and voting in the medic meet thing will be useful too :h:

Oh yes I voted on the TSR awards ages ago! :awesome:

And ooh, I'll take a looksie :tongue:
Original post by Quackers93
:laugh: I'm really curious hownow (if I am though I'm still doubtful) lol

Haha no worries. Sounds cool, wish I could've done (more) travelling. I went to Namibia for 3 weeks with college at the start of summer but since then I've not done very much. I have a part time job in a nursery but I only get called in when I'm needed which atm isn't good because in 3/4 months I've had 4 shifts :redface: But my mum and another woman are going on maturnity soon so hopefully I'll steal some of their hours :colone: Should hopefully be a little more fun when the baby is here - paedeatric experience :laugh: Positivity is the way forward after all :biggrin:

I know I will, I'll be heartbroken if they don't mainly because of the rejection last year (moreso if I'm completely offerless again) but meh I guess life will go on :tongue: You sound like you really love Leicester, only another 9 months of relaxation until all the hard work begins! :tongue:

Apologies for the late reply - oh wow did you do the world challenge? Namibia seems awesome, I would love to visit Africa at some point. Congrats to your mum - haha 'paediatric experience' definitely. You'll get pretty attached to the little fella/girl, that might make the whole leaving for university slightly more difficult - but it is still medicine :grin:

'Positivity is the way forward' - I'm sure any med school would be stupid not to take you up on a place. You've had 1 interview - and you've got 2 coming up, that is definitely a good sign.

Ah - 9 months before Leicester, the time will probably elapse very quickly. Not really looking forward to the hard work just yet.

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending