The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Uni Primary PGCE Sept 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi i got a unconditional offer for primary PGCE 3-7 year olds. cant wait to start but nervous about finding accommodation for certain amount of weeks then finding a place to stay were eva my placement is. im from the rhondda valleys which is down south wales so will deff be needing to move. glad im not the only one whos already thinking about this. xx
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi Im glad to see people have been successful!
I have an interview on the 10th for upper primary at Bangor.
I have got a good idea about the interview, but ANY advice is going to help me?!

Can people talk about their interview experiences, questions etc.
Also, how much school experience did you all have?

I'd be gutted if Im unsuccessful!
Reply 22
Hi,
congratulations to everybody who has had an offer so far!
I received unconditional offer for upper primary couple if weeks ago, I would have been at same interview session as kirky!
As previously said, written tests are straightforward, probably more important is being able to talk about the reasons you want to teach.
I will be travelling from Wrexham area by the way so anybody fairly local to share petrol costs would be great!
Reply 23
Hi Caeras,
Well done for getting through aswell :smile: Am I right in thinking you're the guy who had the 2nd interview in our little group? Im now wondering if the other 2 were successful too.
For everyone thinking about accomadation already, I wouldn't panic too much about having to have something sorted asap, theres usually plenty of places available later in the year and its worth looking at places outside of bangor to stay as theyre usually a bit cheaper and from the sounds of it we won't have any time to enjoy the student night life so you won't miss much being out of town :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've been accepted. Very happy with it.

I think I'll be living in Bangor, moving over from Ireland first. As for the nightlife it seems everyone heads out on a Friday over there so it won't affect work during the week anyway.
Reply 25
Congrats :smile: Are you going to be doing upper or lower primary?
Upper primary. Which one are you doing yourself?
Reply 27
Upper primary also
Fantastic. Well at least I know someone on the course starting out ha.
Original post by Caeras

Hi Caeras,

I have an interview on Friday for the lower primary course. If I am successful I would be interested in car sharing as I am also from Wrexham :smile: Message me if you are interested.

Nadine.
Reply 30
Hi kirky, yes that was me! If I remember correctly 4 were for upper and 3 for lower primary?

Nadine, yes that would be good, best of luck in your interview!
Reply 31
good luck for any of you having interviews, i know those who are doing the lower primary the start date is the 10th of sept. been phoning around making inquiries regarding accommodation and there's not much about got a list of estate agents to phone and one or two hotels but they cost a fortune. anyone get any luck please let me know
Reply 32
Hi everyone, I have heard back from Bangor and i am successful for Upper Primary!! Yaaaay!

Congrats to everyone too.

Im wondering, (and I will make a new thread on this too) But what is everyone doing for accomodation? Im looking into halls, but they do cost a lot. If anyone is thinking of sharing a house I would be interested! Let me know.
Original post by Caeras
Hi,
congratulations to everybody who has had an offer so far!
I received unconditional offer for upper primary couple if weeks ago, I would have been at same interview session as kirky!
As previously said, written tests are straightforward, probably more important is being able to talk about the reasons you want to teach.
I will be travelling from Wrexham area by the way so anybody fairly local to share petrol costs would be great!

Hi,

Just to let you know I have received an unconditional offer for lower primary today :smile: Like I said previously I am interested in sharing the commute, do you know of anyone else from the wrexham area? Add me on facebook!! My name is Nadine Harrison.
Hi,

Any one from the Wrexham area looking at commuting to share petrol costs?

Message me :smile:

Nadine.
Reply 35
Oh wow looks like there's quite a few of us now!! :biggrin:
Can't wait to hear more about it!
I think the starting date for upper primary is also the 10th Sept :smile:
Anyone travelling from home thinking of getting accommodation for any part of the year?
I am still struggling on whether to get some accommodation for the jan to april lectures when we will be in bangor a lot....
And anyone else travelling from Ruthin/Denbigh area yet??? :smile:
Kelly
Reply 36
I got an unconditional offer for Upper Primary today - it was such a relief to hear back so quickly! I am slightly concerned because I've not actually finished my degree yet so I'm not entirely sure why the offer is unconditional. Anyone else in this situation? I'm a bit wary of phoning them up in case it was all a big mistake and it was supposed to be unsuccessful :P

I'll be commuting from Flintshire every day. It takes nowhere near as long as I thought it was going to and a friend of mine has a place on the Lower Primary course so I think we'll try and share the driving.
Original post by wanttoteachkc

I think the starting date for upper primary is also the 10th Sept :smile:

Where did you hear this? I thought it might be the very first week of September that we'd be starting.
Reply 38
On my student finance application it came up with the course start date automatically when i entered the course code so I am assuming they have already given this information to ucas or whoever.... But I did think that this was quite late to be starting too!
Reply 39
I assumed the student finance website just came up with a set date for giving money not based on the actual start date of course but I'm probably wrong as its been many years since I've had to deal with student loans and in fact it was done by post!
So what does everyone do in their pre PGCE lives? Ive been working in a childrens home for the last couple of years and just finished to go back to being an activity instructor before September.
I may be being very optimistic but Im waiting til much nearer September to decide what to do about accomadation.

Quick Reply

Latest