The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alice...:)
Just got an email from Selwyn for an interview! So excited! Know nothing about the college though :s

wow that's a quick reply... what subject?
Original post by jack236
Pooled by Emma for Medicine, considering my interview was horrifically bad I was expecting a straight up rejection... but I still just wanna be put out of my misery :frown:

Pooled by Emma too. Definitely going to be on edge over the next few days. Does anyone know roughly how many people are pooled in total for medicine just to have a general idea? Especially since medicine doesn't autopool.
pooled from king's for history!
Evening all!

Managing to keep my head above water :P Pooled by Clare for Theology, any other Theologians out there?

Good luck to everyone, don't put too much thought into this process, if the outcome isn't the one we want, it probably shouldn't have happened in the first place!
Amen.
Original post by Phredd
wow that's a quick reply... what subject?

Law, I know! I'm slightly worried it's a hoax or something :|
Reply 185
Just got an email from Selwyn for an interview! So excited! Know nothing about the college though :s

ohmygosh this early? You must've been like a really strong applicant!
I heard good stuff about Selwyn. Actually, all Cambridge colleges are good so :smile:
Reply 186
on the pool stats page what doe s the 'offers by other colleges mean??'
Reply 187

[QUOTE=Alice...[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];35666327]Just got an email from Selwyn for an interview! So excited! Know nothing about the college though :s

what grades did you gett? and how did you think your interviews went?
Reply 188
Original post by kurovalte
on the pool stats page what doe s the 'offers by other colleges mean??'

no clue i want to know as well. I think it's how many were pool and accepted from other colleges.
Been pooled from Sidney for architecture. Seems all the fished people are from King's and St John's, and I'm pretty sure I'm in category P. LOVING LIFE!
Don't panic if you've been pooled but don't have outstanding grades. Panicking about your chances with 91% UMS versus someone else's chances with 93% UMS will make you unnecessarily stressed. A lot of people underestimate the importance of the interview in the selection process - and no one can really tell how that went. One of my friends told me that they'd been pooled, "which is basically a rejection". I told him that 20% of students at Oxford don't go to their first-choice college. Not sure about Cambridge, but it's not going to be wildly different. So you're still in with a good chance :smile: Good luck everyone, and don't stress too much!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 191
I was pooled from Pembroke for Comp Sci. Good luck everyone!

Forgot to mention this is deferred too, will that affect it do you think?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 192
Any 'want to be vet' fishes out there? I feel slightly alone in the pool :frown:
Original post by izzet
what grades did you gett? and how did you think your interviews went?

I got 5As for AS and am predicted 4A*s. The interviews went really badly as far as I know (well one of them did). I can out close to tears. Maybe he secretly liked me? haha
Original post by ghilee
ohmygosh this early? You must've been like a really strong applicant!
I heard good stuff about Selwyn. Actually, all Cambridge colleges are good so :smile:

Haha, yeah to be honest I'm not too bothered about the college. My interview didn't go well though! strange..
Reply 195
Original post by Luccy.
I think i always knew since the interview that the best I could hope for was being pooled but I now know I didn't meet auto-pool because of my GCSEs so it mustn't have been that bad!

Auto pool is only UMS nothing to do with GCSEs
Pooled for medicine from Jesus
Being pooled sucks - especially as a deferred entry student as you know they aren't really able to compare you to next years students so will probably wait for next year :frown:
Reply 198
Fished from Selwyn College as well!!!!!

it says 'You are also going to be invited for interview by another College and you will probably hear from them soon.'

Does it mean I can get other invitations from other colleges as well?
Reply 199
Original post by jc092
Fished from Selwyn College as well!!!!!

it says 'You are also going to be invited for interview by another College and you will probably hear from them soon.'

Does it mean I can get other invitations from other colleges as well?

for what subject well done :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending