The Student Room Group

second chance or move on?

I’ll try to sum it up coz otherwise it will take forever to read.
Our first serious relationship. Over 1,5 years. Then one day I find out he was having virtual affair with a girl he fancied at school. It’s been going on for longer than 6 months. I left him. First month no contact. He’s been ringing me, texting every day begging me to forgive him, but I just felt sick thinking that I’ve been lied to for half a year. After that, crazy thoughts of giving him another chance kicked in and we started speaking on the phone. Just as I felt I could forgive him, he told me that he slept with two different girls on drunken nights out just a couple of weeks after I left, WHILST trying to get me back and texting me how he can’t live without me… the second I heard that, my world just fell apart.
We had a great relationship and for our first year, we were so madly in love, I cannot believe that here I am now, trying to cope with all this. He still says he loves me and to be honest, more than anything in the world I wish past couple of months just never happened. I tried to move on and I can’t, I still love him. He also told me he kissed other girl on a holiday this summer, but according to him none of that matters coz he says he only loves me and just wants me back.
So here I am, my heart and my head. I know that by how it all sounds I should be running a mile away from him, but for some reason I keep fooling myself that there is still a chance for us. Probably not.plus next year he’s going to study abroad, which pretty much sums up how serious he is about us.

Anyone ever gone through similar kind of stuff? Criticism welcomed
Move on :smile:
Reply 2
Move on.
If you were to get back with him, the relationship simply would not work unless you were to fully forgive him. If you hadn't got over what he did, and it sounds like you really haven't and probably won't, then you would just harbour resentment which would turn the relationship sour and could even drive him away, causing you further heartache. Unless you get married and stay together forever, which seems unlikely, you're going to have to get over him at some point. May as well do it now before you get even more involved. Fact is, he's clearly not in the right place for a monogamous relationship (whatever his claims) and you don't trust him. Also, you cannot suggest that his plan to study abroad is selfish and inconsiderate - this is his education, and his life, and it's very possible that it's a compulsory part of his course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending