The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature B 12th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I think maybe symbolism might come up since it hasnt previously? any more assumptions anyone? Is anyone going to do Hardy poetry for section A any ideas on what they think might come up? or any tips for the exam in general this is the 3rd time im resitting it, my texts are Thomas Hardy and Tennyson Poetry, The Great Gatsby and The Kite runner. cant seem to get higher than a c :/ any help much appreciated!
Reply 81
No idea, I heard how the authors use settings or endings. Not really sure though I got a D last time can only do better! D:
Original post by anna258
thanks! :smile: yeah aspects of narrative = aon...

Do you normally just choose like 3 aon for a.a) but go into detail?

you aspects of narrative for section b not a
Reply 83
Original post by anna258
Hey:smile:

I'm doing Rime of the Ancient Mariner for section A! Apparently it could Part 4 as that hasn't come up yet...

I'm really scared about Section Aa for this, I've never got higher than a C cause I keep getting told different things to do for this part?

Could you please help me answer a few questions to clarify?

-Do we need to include all of the AON in Section A.a) in order to get an A?

-Also, do you have any examples of your answer for Section A that I could have a look at please? :smile: I'll send you a few too if you would like?

Didn't part 4 come up last june??
Reply 84
Original post by Danatlive
For all those doing Gatsby what chapter are you most wanting to come up and least wanting. Id love chapter 2 to come up but I'd hate chapter 6 to come up.

I'm pretty sure chapter 2 was last June...

I could be wrong though.

peace+love.
Original post by Beast1

Original post by Beast1
Didn't part 4 come up last june??

for section A.a you only do AO2, which is analysing structure, form and language
Reply 86
Original post by thatssoraven
for section A.a you only do AO2, which is analysing structure, form and language

Okay so for section A.a only Part 6 of Rime of the Ancient Mariner hasn't come up.... could be a red herring!
not sure if you are all aware but we are allowed to fold down key pages in our books. My teacher spoke to the examiners yesterday and they said that we are allowed. that will save a hell of a lot of time :biggrin:
good luck tomorrow.
Reply 88
Original post by laurenjade-
not sure if you are all aware but we are allowed to fold down key pages in our books. My teacher spoke to the examiners yesterday and they said that we are allowed. that will save a hell of a lot of time :biggrin:
good luck tomorrow.

Really?!! I've been told all this time that's not allowed!
Reply 89
How is everyone feeling? I'm alright for A(ii) and Section B but I really don't understand what to do for A(i). I looked at some scripts from some of the year above in my school and there doesn't seem to be a clear message about what the examiners want. At least I get to write about Gatsby for an hour though, absolutely love him!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by laurenjade-
good luck tomorrow.

REALLY?! That sounds like cheating to me!!!
Original post by Beast1
Okay so for section A.a only Part 6 of Rime of the Ancient Mariner hasn't come up.... could be a red herring!

what are you on about -__- part 6 came up last june.. the only part that hasnt come up yet is part 4.. get it right.
Original post by pnorm
REALLY?! That sounds like cheating to me!!!

hmmm well our teacher told us it was allowed so most people who are gonna take the exam in our school will do it :/ it seemed a bit odd to me too but if the examiner said we could two it 2 days before the exam then i'm just going do it.
Reply 93
Original post by ad-astra
How is everyone feeling? I'm alright for A(ii) and Section B but I really don't understand what to do for A(i). I looked at some scripts from some of the year above in my school and there doesn't seem to be a clear message about what the examiners want. At least I get to write about Gatsby for an hour though, absolutely love him!

Section A(i) = AO2 - Structure, Language and Form.
Reply 94
Original post by Obsidian
Section A(i) = AO2 - Structure, Language and Form.

Hahaha, I know those! I just meant that there are so many instances when people do that yet don't get the marks for it that I was wondering if there was some other knack to nailing it. Thank you though :-)
Reply 95
so guys what did poems did ur teachers predict if ur doing hardy and tennyson pls
Reply 96
i got a c without revising wanna get a a with revising this time
Reply 97
so anyone got any predictions they wannah share on hardy and tennyson and gatsby and enduring love
i haven't revised, i'm going to die :smile:
Reply 99
you will be fine what do u need help on ill help ya

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending