The Student Room Group

Would anyone recommend Corfu (Sidari) for a 19 year old's holiday?

Ok, so been thinking about this for quite some time. We found that somewhere in Corfu called Sidari is a good place, not too over the top, yet not a retiree resort. Has anyone been to Corfu, or better Sidari while teenagers? What do you think? If you don't think this is a good place, where else would be good? Thanks!
Reply 1
We were thinking mid July, will many people our age be there?
(edited 12 years ago)
I went there this summer with my boyfriend and stayed in apartments me and my family had stayed in 2 years earlier. I wouldn't really recommend it as a clubbing place, there are a few bars and clubs but they seemed to only get busy very late on, and there are many 'tribute' nights which got a bit annoying to be honest! I personally think this place is much more for chilling out, the setting is lovely with the beaches and surrounding areas. It can get quite boring in the day too.
At the mo i'm looking for places on holiday this summer (we're 19 too), and zante is looking promising but we're trying to keep the budget low and flights are quite expensive! So if you find anywhere let me know! :smile:
Hope i helped x
It's got like 2 or three clubs? But not that many young people fill them. There is also lively bars. But I would suggest a more lively place for 19 year old because as said previously there is a lot of tribute acts and with them come older people..
Reply 4
Hey guys! Being Greek myself I can tell you that Corfu is a great place to go although I am more of a fan of the Aegean. If you want to do some serious clubbing go to Mykonos, Paros or Malia (Crete). If you want something more romantic go to Santorini. Anyway, I live in London but I am cooperating with a travel agency in Greece and we are currently working on developing summer packages in Greece specifically for UK students so let me know if you are interested.

I would really appreciate it if you took some time to fill this questionnaire out to help us with this year's summer packages :smile:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFV1ZFFzeHNTQjFEaXZMVTMwVGJ4SXc6MQ
Kavos is more of the party resort , in corfu, I went last year at the age 18 and now return but to go sidari, which is a relaxing place but you able to party as well, with night club and bar open until early hours in the morning , I'm going 18th July due to it beeping 32 plus degrees :smile: enjoy your holiday where ever you do decide to go , and there will be people your age in sidari
My friends went to Sidari and they loved it, they were 18 and thought it was a perfect place to go

Quick Reply

Latest