The Student Room Group

A level Modern Greek

Has anyone done the A level modern Greek?
I'm self teaching and I can't seem to find the Topics/ Texts I'm to study from? Any help much appreciated thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by sophieegou
Has anyone done the A level modern Greek?
I'm self teaching and I can't seem to find the Topics/ Texts I'm to study from? Any help much appreciated thank you!

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Greek/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035237_GCE_Lin_Greek_Issue_3.pdf
I'm also self teaching . Are you struggling to find the research topics you have chosen?If so which ones have you chosen.Or are you struggling to find the Greek literature ?
Reply 3
Original post by MariaZervoudaki
I'm also self teaching . Are you struggling to find the research topics you have chosen?If so which ones have you chosen.Or are you struggling to find the Greek literature ?

Hey! Sorry for the late response..
My school was kind enough to find me a last minute greek tutor so I guess that's some help..
She chose for us to do the topic of korfu and the book of giorgos ionni, h moni klironomia.
So each week I will just read up a bit on corfu geography, tourism etc etc and then we are studying the book.. we'renot 100% sure what we really need to know for the book but we're just in the process of reading it and summarizing each chapters! But looking at the past papers helps a lotto get an idea on what to focus your studying on.

If you need any help don't hesitate to message me as it is really tricky selflearning this especially as there is not much guidance with the spec/knowledge but also the spec on the edexcel website is super useful!
Reply 4
Hi, I want to do modern greek A level by myself but I cant seem to find any course books or revision guides anywhere. Does anyone happen to know any books and revision guides? If so, could you please tell me the titles? It would be a huge help! Thank you
Original post by MkLena
Hi, I want to do modern greek A level by myself but I cant seem to find any course books or revision guides anywhere. Does anyone happen to know any books and revision guides? If so, could you please tell me the titles? It would be a huge help! Thank yo

Hello, I just finished my exams. Here's all the Resources for modern greek that I used. Let me know if you can access them and best of luck!!!
Reply 6
Original post by Vivian2003
Hello, I just finished my exams. Here's all the Resources for modern greek that I used. Let me know if you can access them and best of luck!!!

Hi, I'm sitting my exam probably next year and I have requested access to this document, is it possible to share access?

Quick Reply

Latest