The Student Room Group

On guys: Very Slim (borderline skinny) vs. well built (muscular)?

Scroll to see replies

Muscular-ishh Guys :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MC armani
The ambiguity in these threads always surrounds the issue of what "well built" actually means.

This is well built:

http://horiwood.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/sonny-bill-williams1.jpg

This isn't:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RFDCkGzS3T8/Sc51ukxLSWI/AAAAAAAAFI4/XAliNNDirU8/s400/zac_efron_shirtless_4.jpg

The second i defo would :tongue: :colone:
Reply 62
I was skinny, nothing beats shredded. Gym was the best decision I ever made.
Muscular cs it'll make me look smaller :tongue: Not too muscular though
Reply 64
I like big muscles but not ripped, I hate when you can see all the sinews and veins.
Reply 65
Original post by neverlander¾
What's up with all these girls liking skinny boys?
a) horrible hungs :frown:
b) not being able to defend you if needed, or even carry you probably
c) "The act of sex, while encompassing any number of emotions, is an inherently physical act. If a girl is choosing a guy for a hot night of passion, what girl wouldn’t choose the beautiful sculpture of a man with abs of steel, rippling pecs and bulging biceps over the beer-bellied guy who looked like he could have posed for Picasso, with jiggling love handles and hair growing out of places never before thought possible?"

Thinking the exact same thing for some reason :mute:
Reply 66
Reason more girls prefer bigger guys in this poll: girls don't like guys slimmer than they are... they get jealous.
c) "The act of sex, while encompassing any number of emotions, is an inherently physical act. If a girl is choosing a guy for a hot night of passion, what girl wouldn’t choose the beautiful sculpture of a man with abs of steel, rippling pecs and bulging biceps over the beer-bellied guy who looked like he could have posed for Picasso, with jiggling love handles and hair growing out of places never before thought possible?"

a) Wrong.
b) Also wrong. You don't have to be ripped to be able to hold a weight or punch someone.
c) As has already been said, it's personal preference what you find more attractive.

There's actually more girls voting well built according to the poll?
Anyway as a girl who picked the skinny guy option for if I had to choose between the two, I shall awnser for you xD (Although in real life I tend to be attracted to a guy's face and personality not their body anyway, if I end up liking a guy there body type isn't gonna change that)

a) Hungs? Did you mean hugs? I beg to differ, my boyfriend is a slim guy and he gives amazing hugs :3 Infact I find muscular guys hugs a bit too hard, but thats just my personal preference
b) I don't need nor want my boyfriend to be my defender. I'm quite a strong girl and I quite like being on almost equal par strengths :P Playfighting becomes more interesting for me then ;P
c) Everyone has different tastes and for me personally, the image that description plays on doesn't appeal to me.
Reply 69
Number crunching: 34% of girls prefer slim/skinny compared to 26% of guys.
Reply 70
Original post by StressReliever
I'm attracted to well built guys (not fat). Lots of muscle, some fat, rugby player type build. It's hot!

all the rugby players just turn fat in their 20's and 30's, best to be slim cos you will normally stay slim when you're older
Reply 71
Original post by hiding12
all the rugby players just turn fat in their 20's and 30's, best to be slim cos you will normally stay slim when you're older

lol.
Ripped guys tend to be in love with themselves. And they use their muscles to distract you from their unattractive faces. They're the male equivilant of that-girl-who-wears-so-much-make-up-to-hide-how-ugly-she-really-is.

Skinny guys IMO.
i love big guys. fave order:-

really muscly and bulky

slightly muscly

slightly chubby- rather someone with slight fat than just nothing :smile:

average

skinny
Reply 74
Original post by pinkangelgirl
i love big guys. fave order:-

really muscly and bulky

slightly muscly

slightly chubby- rather someone with slight fat than just nothing :smile:

average

skinny

Get your priorities straight.
Original post by outOfFayz
Get your priorities straight.

????? :confused:
Reply 76
Original post by chikane
I loved jeff hardys body when he was younger so skinny.

You'll find he's skinny relative to the size of the other huge wrestlers.

He's actually, pretty big. :colone:
Original post by outOfFayz
Skinny beats chubby.

Don't act like you want pound upon pound of fatty flesh jiggling in your face.

im allowed my opinion and im sorry but i would rather a slightly chubby guy than a skinny guy,.
Reply 78
Original post by pinkangelgirl
im allowed my opinion and im sorry but i would rather a slightly chubby guy than a skinny guy,.

are u chubby?
Original post by hiding12
are u chubby?

i dont know. depends what you class as chubby

Quick Reply

Latest