The Student Room Group

London 2012 Retail Job Interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TempleQC
I don't remember having to put a place but if I did I would have put the olympic park or athletes village. Something like that.

Oh right, I got an email last week asking me to pick 3 places that I wanted to work at, and they called me to say that they weren't available, friends got one saying that they were allocated to the one they wanted
Reply 101
Original post by TaraBelle
Oh right, I got an email last week asking me to pick 3 places that I wanted to work at, and they called me to say that they weren't available, friends got one saying that they were allocated to the one they wanted

Ah right I haven't received that email.
Original post by TaraBelle
I heard back yesterday and said they're giving me a conditional offer for Olympic park, subject to accreditation. So you should hear back soon! :smile:

Good news :smile: congrats!! I would love to be in the olympic park!!

I really hope they're going to contact me very soon... as I've been waiting for ages now! Thanks for replying!
Original post by Jessicancl
Good news :smile: congrats!! I would love to be in the olympic park!!

I really hope they're going to contact me very soon... as I've been waiting for ages now! Thanks for replying!

Thank you! My accreditation came through today as well! Now just reference needs to be done then I'm all good to go :biggrin: Not at all, let me know how you get along, hope you get somewhere you want :biggrin:
Reply 104
Hi guys i knw this is probably a really late response for the job, but is there anyway I can still apply.. im sure they'll need more people nearer to the time? :confused: I would love to for the london olympics
Reply 105
Just got an email asking about my preferred locations:

I put:

Hyde Park
Earls Court
Olympic Park

Hoping to hear back soon!
Reply 106
Still aint heard back from them!
Still aint heard back from them!

Me neither!!! still waiting for my accreditations to come through...!! it's taking forever.. Think i'm going to ring them!!
I passed ages ago in january. Then 2 months ago I received a phone call and said my prefered location which was eton-dorney and then about 4 weeks ago receieved an e-mail saying that the process is taking longer than first thought and that they have changed their ways of contacting people to e-mail, to speed everything up.

I just want to know when the training days will be and days that I will be working or maybe some re-assurance that I still have the job!

Surely there are loads still in this position and I would have thought information would be released in the next week or so?
Reply 109
I might call them tomorrow.
just got the email asking for three preferred locations. i chose:

olympic park
hyde park
Excel Center

said they'll be in contact in 5-10 days
just got the email asking for three preferred locations. i chose:

olympic park
hyde park
Excel Center

said they'll be in contact in 5-10 days
Reply 112
Seems everyone wants the olympic park. I want it as well seeing as it is my closest location. At this rate I won't get it :frown:
Reply 113
I still haven't got my accreditation back yet and i live like next door to the Olympic village, I'm gonna end up in Hyde park or something.
Reply 114
Original post by Thatguy1
I still haven't got my accreditation back yet and i live like next door to the Olympic village, I'm gonna end up in Hyde park or something.

Seems everyone wants the olympic park. I want it as well seeing as it is my closest location. At this rate I won't get it :frown:

Literally the same with me, was thinking since I live so damn close I would get the Olympic Park...When did you guys apply? I applied in Feb then Assessment in April.
Reply 115
Original post by Kasarna
Literally the same with me, was thinking since I live so damn close I would get the Olympic Park...When did you guys apply? I applied in Feb then Assessment in April.

I passed on January the 13th...
Reply 116
Original post by Kasarna

I did mine at the end of January and still no reply, they could at least send some sort of email cos i dunno if i still have the job :frown:
Hello, I'm lauren and currently 15 and looking for a job at weekends and in holidays. Is it possible to get an interview? and i am also a young athlete for a local club:smile:
Reply 118
Original post by laurennnnn
Hello, I'm lauren and currently 15 and looking for a job at weekends and in holidays. Is it possible to get an interview? and i am also a young athlete for a local club:smile:

Hi, I'm pretty sure there's an age limit for jobs at the Olympics games. I think you have to be at least 18 because of the long hours that might be involved.
Reply 119
Original post by Thatguy1
I did mine at the end of January and still no reply, they could at least send some sort of email cos i dunno if i still have the job :frown:

I am in the same situation as many of you as well. Called them today and the usual reply was "Sorry, we are still waiting for your accreditation"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending