The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Slay This, Save This!

Scroll to see replies

Ah, save dipping a chip into the curry. A guilty pleasure I must admit! Not that I've ever ordered chips with my curry..........*whistles*
But the chips and cheese thing is a Canadian thing I cannot understand

slay or save: jammie dodgers or jaffa cakes
Reply 1981
SAVE JAFFA CAKES. Jammy dodgers are quite stingy with the jam nowadays which makes them a bit pointless. Jaffas would be nice even without the orange filling.

SAVE OR SLAY

Walkers worchester sauce

OR

Walkers smoky bacon
Reply 1982
SAVE BACON BURPS. im always disappointed when the Worcester flavour isn't lea and perrinsy!

SLAY OR SAVE:

BURGER KING 90S MASCOTS (KIDS KLUB WITH KID VID)

OR

BURGER KING 00S MASCOT (THE KING)?
90s mascot. The King is freaky :<

Save or slay:

Baked cakes or no bake tray cakes (lol) i.e. sponge vs rice crispy cakes etc.
Save baked cakes. It's the baking process I enjoy the most. That magic that happens in the oven, turning the liquid mix into the fluffy cake. Wonderful. And the smells, OH THE SMELLS!

Slay or save: take aways or mums cooking
Save mums cooking, because it's good at all times; when I'm ill, when I'm sad, happy, snacky, really hungry. It's all good! Take always are nice every now and then, but grease feast!

SAVE OR SLAY:
Garlic baguette

Or

Margarita pizza
Reply 1986
Save takeaways. So much variety and yummyness. Haven't experienced 'mum's cooking' in over a decade

SAVE OR SLAY

Chery flavoured fizzy drinks

OR

Apple flavoured fizzy drinks
Reply 1987
SAVE THE CLASSIC MARGARET PEETSER, because without the classic base for all contemporary pizzas, the world would end. And SAVE CHERRY FIZZ, because cherryade is uniquely awesome and pure apple is better.

SLAY OR SAVE

NUGGETS OR GOUJONS?
Reply 1988
SLAY Goujons. I've always found them a bit too flimsy; splitting apart etc. Nuggets are firmer and perfect for dipping. Plus a box of nuggets just look much nicer than a box of goujons.

SAVE OR SLAY

Bread with a curry

OR

Bread with a fryup
Yo Fuse, you missed me, and I saved the Mama meals so ha. :biggrin:
Save the apple, because I do like a good appetiser every now and then :biggrin:
Edit: save bread and fry up, who had bread with curry...?

SAVE OR SLAY:
Cheese stuffed jalapeños

Or

Breaded mushrooms
(edited 11 years ago)
Save breaded mushrooms! They somehow retain that juicy BURST and I love whole mushrooms, which these usually are. And Jalapenos, I don't get on with. Too hotttt, too spiccccy.

slay or save: chocolate mousse filled chocolate or vanilla mousse filled chocolate
Reply 1991
Save chocolate con choco! For some reason the muted, lighter choccie tones of choc mousse marry better than the far more in-your-face perfumery of vanilla.

SAVE OR SLAY: ALL GEL DESSERTS (JELLY, PANNACOTTA, CREME CARAMEL) OR ALL "MULLER CORNER" DESSERTS?
Save gel desserts! I'm not a huge muller corner fan, much prefer muller light! And never having jelly again?! What you talkin bout boy?!?! Save the gel! If not for me, for children's parties nationwide. That would be one lonely bowl of vanilla ice cream...

SAVE OR SLAY:

ONE FRUIT FLAVOUR YOGHURT (strawberry, banana etc)

OR

MULTI FRUIT FLAVOUR YOGHURTS (summer fruits, Mango and passion fruit etc)
One flavour. I like my yoghurt without bits in it anyway, so just plain ol vanilla etc is what I likes :3 That way you can use it in other stuff and aren't stuck with just xyz flavour yoghurt.

Save or slay:

Rice crispy cakes with chocolate (more solid ones)

OR

Rice crispy cakes with marshmallow (chewy ones)
Save the chocolate ones, obviously. Chocolate fiend right here! Also, not crazy on marshmallows.
They're just texture really, aren't they?

slay or save: jam tarts or jam rolls
Save the tarts! Jam rolls are good n all, but jam tarts look amazing. Though I'm not a huge fan of the pastry casing, you can break it off and enjoy that jammy goodness!

SAVE OR SLAY:

Minirolls or minieggs
Oooh toughie. If it's exclusively cadburys minirolls, save the eggs. Though i'm not a big fan of hard outer shell on chocolate, there's something totally unique and more than acceptable to me about that chocolate centre. I don't know QUITE how they get it like that but it's good. Melt in my mouth. Also, I quite like that odd dusting they have. Goooooood.

save or slay: chocolate chunks within ice cream or cookie dough pieces in ice cream
Ooh think I'm gonna have to go chocolate. Cookie dough is usually with vanilla ice cream which is not big in my books. Also the more chocolate the better for me! And the 'fish' in Phish food B&J speaks volumes for chocolate chunks!

SAVE OR SLAY:
Mini Brownies or Mini Flapjacks
Save mini brownies. Both are grand but big brownies usually leave me with that glut belly and I feel like, ugh, why I eat soooo much brownie? But due to it's epic taste, even when I know this feeling is coming, I can't stop. So the mini brownies are perfect for a brownie fix without overdoing it. And flapjacks, well, I can eat a ton of those!!!!!

slay or save: syrup or honey
Reply 1999
SAVE syrup. Never have honey whereas lime/strawberry syrup are great on icecream.

SAVE OR SLAY

SPICY POTATOE WEDGES

OR

SPICY CHICKEN WINGS

Quick Reply

Latest