The Student Room Group

moving to london - will sfe be enough?

I will be going to KCL and found a house to share with a few others. The rent has increased to £821 p/m with bills that are £40-60 p/m. This adds up to £220 per week at most. My maintenance loan will be £12,000. With no savings or support from my parents, will I realistically be able to afford to live in London? I'm planning to work during uni and over the summer but finding it difficult to find a job. Any tips/advice appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
I will be going to KCL and found a house to share with a few others. The rent has increased to £821 p/m with bills that are £40-60 p/m. This adds up to £220 per week at most. My maintenance loan will be £12,000. With no savings or support from my parents, will I realistically be able to afford to live in London? I'm planning to work during uni and over the summer but finding it difficult to find a job. Any tips/advice appreciated.

Take into consideration shopping needed for food and drink and cost of utilities to pay off such as tax, and bills as well as transport to and from your accommodation to KCL do you think you’ll have enough…? Plus your SFE won’t be £12,000 upfront it’ll most likely be in 3 instalments take that into consideration…
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending