The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Slay This, Save This!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Save roast chicken because I eat it more often.

SAVE OR SLAY

COTTAGE PIE

OR

LASAGNES
LASAGNE. Because cottage pie is overrated and boring in my view!

Save or slay:

Penny sweets
penny-sweets.jpg

or

Expensive Chocolates?
7.Debauve-Gallais1.jpg
hotchoc01r.jpg
Reply 1182
Save penny sweets. Expensive chocolates often taste too rich for my liking.

SAVE OR SLAY

DR PEPPER
OR
PEPSI
PEPSI!
Put it this way; I love it so much I gave myself a stomach ulcer.

APPLE TANGO

OR

CHERRY TANGO?
Reply 1184
Save cherry tango. Cherry flavoured drinks make for a welcome change.

SAVE OR SLAY

Nik naks
or
Pringles
Reply 1185
SAVE NIK NAKS. Pringles are hardly even crisps, but Nik Naks are like twuddly fuddly Twiglets that DONT taste like pain and suffering (Marmite) - RESULT!!

SLAY OR SAVE:

KELLOGGS VARIETY

or

NESTLE PIC A PAC?
As both are a COMPLETE let down in the cereal department, and with both having only about half the variety they used to have (can we just combine the two!?) I'd probably go Nestle; they're bigger packets AND they're nicer varieties. I guess.

SAVE OR SLAY:

chocolate-cones.jpg
PICK AND MIX ICE CREAM CONES

OR

PICK AND MIX WHITE MICE?
182_1.jpg
Save the Mice, save the Mice! Back in sweetie days, I'd always fill up the majority of my pick an mix with chocolate things (surprise, surpise) so it was White Mice, Jazzy fizzles etc. :biggrin:

Slay or save: Sauces such as Ketchups, HP, mayo etc or cooking sauces such as curry sauces, ragu etc
Save the condiments! At least with cooking sauces you can improvise or add herbs etc. You can't really chuck a bit of basil on chips or eggy bread as a replacement!

Save or slay:

Breaded scampi

Or

Chicken nuggets?
Reply 1189
Save the former in light of the relentless de-chickenisation of nuggets.

SAVE OR SLAY

Wheat crunchies crisps

or

Frisps
Reply 1190
SAVE WHEAT CRUNCHIES. Frisps have sadly gone very very downtown in quality these days; sad sad show considering how they genuinely used to be my go-to SUPER CRUNCHY CRISP!

SLAY OR SAVE:

GOBSTOPPERS

or

LOLLIPOPS?

(essentially the same thing sans/plus stick)
Save lollipops, as I spend a large amount of time chewing the stick after. Or putting it in my mouth and pretending i'm a hillbilly.

slay or save: PLAIN chocolate or chocolate with bits/nuts/praline inside
<3 Save the latter, I love praline ^_^

Save or slay...

Frap?

Or granita?
Hm. I'm gonna have to save the Granita. Sorry, I really REALLY hate coffee!

Grab your sombrero; we're off to Mexico!

Save or slay:

Taco's
mexican-foods-3.jpg

OR

Nachos
1186_1_296.jpg
Save Tacos. All about that filling!! A meal in themselves, I consider Nachos more of a snack.

Slay or save: Mini max cereal or frosted shreddies?
FROSTED SHREDDIES. Or even better; Frosted Wheats. Bloody love those tiny pillows of sugary joy. Mini Max is the wannabe Frosted Wheats. Fact.

SAVE OR SLAY:

Cinnamon Grahams

or

Lucky Charms?
Save cinnamon grahams. Lucky charms are one of those disappointing things you see in America and think, WOW..I WANT. Then you try and you're like, oh..is that it? Whereas cinni G is well, a G.

Slay or save: Chocolate with fudge or chocolate with toffee
Ah. How could you.

I guess chocolate with fudge to be saved. Purely for the Cadbury Fudge that I love so much. Plus fudge doesn't glue itself to your teeth in a 'you're never gonna get rid of me' way.
Goodbye Toffee Crisp :'(

Save or Slay:

Chocolate Ice Cream

Or

Vanilla with chocolate chips ice cream?
ooooh TOUGH. Save vanilla with chocolate chips, because I love ice cream with bits in it, it feels like another extra treat on top of the base flavour. You can have fun picking the bits out.

slay or save: FRY UPS or SANDWICHES
Ohh..I'm gonna have to save sandwiches.As much as fry ups are epic, I'll have sandwiches more. Plus; Pret crayfish and rocket sandwich would go and we cant be having that! And tuna and cucumber! Dear god, what would the world be! And Ham sandwiches!!!!

SAVE OR SLAY:

A fried egg that's leaked

OR

Slightly burnt toast?

Quick Reply

Latest