The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Slay This, Save This!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Save Lucky Charms.

They ARE absurdly overrated, but Fruit Loops just taste like washing up liquid.

Slay or Save:

Butterfly Prawns or Butterfly Chicken Breast?
Butterfly chicken breast. I love all prawns but I'm not mad about chicken on a bone so chicken Brest is usually my poultry choice :smile:

Chicken drum stick

Or

Chicken wing?
Save drum sticks. Oh my, I have a guilty pleasure for those cheap, awful, fake chicken drumsticks you get given as a kid. They just taste SO GOOD. And wings are just too fussy for me. Don't put a bone on my plate, I can't eat it.

Slay or save: Mint and chocolate or Orange and chocolate
Hm, I would say mint and choc for the delight that is an after 8, but mingles let down the mint and choc side, whereas chocolate orange and orange creams in quality street cannot be faulted. So slay that mint and choc! Stupid Mingles.

Gulivers (however its spelt!) sea shell pralines?

Or

Toblerone?
Reply 1584
SAVE Toblerone. The white chocolate flavour is irresitible. Also they're part of the airport experience.

SAVE OR SLAY

Yorshire puddings with a roast dinner

OR

Stuffing with a raost dinner
Save the yorkshires, I'm not too crazy about stuffing, I think it's the texture...

Save or slay:

Stars and stripes bagel

Or

Smoked salmon and cream cheese?
Reply 1586
Save ma salmon! The pungent irony salmon alongside the creamy rich cheese is the perfect combo.

Slay or save...

Smoked ham slices,

Or

Crumbed ham slices?
Reply 1587
Save crumbed ham, slay smoked!

Slay or Save:

Bounty bar

OR

A Tuna Subway
Save the bounty. Not many other ways to eat tasty coconut but tuna sandwiches are cool.Save or slay:Milkshake OR Hot chocolate?
Save the milkshakes, because Shakeaway, that's why! Any flavour as milky goodness, hooray! Plus you can have em hot, so a hot choc brownie milkshake ... Basically hot choc :biggrin: even if that is cheating a tad :wink:

Hotdogs at the cinema

Or
Nacho's at the cinema (I still dont get Why the cheese is cold...)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1590
If I HAD to choose, it would be nachos to save, on the condition the cheese used was liquigoo.

Hot Dogs need to be eaten hot, and as these days cinema ads and trailers last literally 35 minutes in some cases (I timed it... Furrealz) the film hasnt even started and your hot dog is eaten/ice cold. Nachos are equally offensive though... Noisy, messy brittle creatures.

Slay or Save...

Sandwiches with meat paste

Or

Sandwiches with lemon curd?
Save the meat paste. Years of primary school sandwiches may have built up a tastebud tolerance and at least I know what im getting in to!

Save or slay:

Tuna pâté

Or

Salmon pate
Tuna. Salmon is too fishy.

Save or slay:

Cornish pasties or Pork pies?
To be quite brutally honest, both are a bit overrated. .but, I'll save Cornish pasties for their beautiful history and tradition. Plus, when I lived in Falmouth for a month the town smelt wonderful full of hot cooked ones. And the fillings were so varied and exciting! It's only badly done plain ones that are a bit cack.

Save or slay: chocolate and biscuit combined or chocolate and cake combined. (so, basically, chocolate biscuits or chocolate cake/cake bars)
Reply 1594
SAVE Cornish pasties. Pork pies are nearly always too dry.

EDIT: Save chocolate biscuits. I eat them more often plus the latter is a bit overrated ("omg chocolate cake" etc), quite often too rich in taste.

SAVE OR SLAY

Waiters

OR

Waitresses
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Fusion
SAVE Cornish pasties. Pork pies are nearly always too dry.

EDIT: Save chocolate biscuits. I eat them more often plus the latter is a bit overrated ("omg chocolate cake" etc), quite often too rich in taste.

SAVE OR SLAY

Waiters

OR

Waitresses

Save waiters! Not only do I love the hot Italian ones but also waitresses come across awfully bitchy at times. And I feel like they judge my order more. Oh, you're having the pie with sides for main AND crumble for dessert? WANT EXTRA CALORIES WITH THAT?

Judgers.

save or slay: cheese as a topping on food or salt as a seasoning in food
Reply 1596
Save cheese as a topping. I ndon't want to lose Cheeseburgers, cheese on toast, lasagne and Salt obviously carries health issues plus chips without salt aren't the worse thing - maybe cover them in cheese instead!

SAVE OR SLAY

The skin on roast chicken

OR

Stuffing with roast chicken
Reply 1597
Save stuffing! It's epic as it is, as a pairing, but inexplicably becomes doulicious as a crusty leftover sandwich! Coversely I never understood skin-eating. It's... Groogh. Same as those weirdos that eat bacon and porkchop fat. Urgh.

Slay or save...

Raspberries

Or

Blueberries?
Save blueberries. They've got more of a taste, though I do also love raspberries.

Slay or save:
Bruschetta

Garlic bread
Save garlic bread. Not that type though, I like the pizza style, thin slices of garlic bread. I'd genuinely be happy to have that as an entire meal. AND THEN KISS YOU ALL.

slay or save: Raspberry ripple ice cream or Neapolitan

Quick Reply

Latest