The Student Room Group

Nicest response from a university?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
St. Andrews was really nice to me, sent me lots of friendly postcards and emails! I was very impressed (and they gave me an unconditional as well, so that added to the fact :tongue:).
Southampton and Loughborough, responded quickly to emails and were friendly and reassuring :smile:
Original post by Harley
I live on the west coast so i'm used to the rain but it still made the day a lot less nice :tongue: I didn't have a hood or umbrella and looked like a drowned rat by the time the open day ended :lol:

I thought the East Coast was rainy, but it's not really, just drizzly and, yeah, drizzly. :lol: It definitely ruined the spirit of the day a bit. I didn't have a hood or umbrella either, I was going to rely on darting in and out of shops, so I also looked like a drowned rat by the end of the day.
Reply 83
UCL stats department have been rather friendly!
Reply 84
York have got to be one of the friendliest universities. I've had about four letters since I had a pre-application interview in the summer and I've gone on to firm them so their friendliness has worked. They picked up on my extra-curricualr interests and mentioned them in the letters and were very specific when mentioning why they were giving me an offer. Very impressive.

Or perhaps they're just very desparate! :tongue:
Reply 85
Durham, when they accepted me.
Reply 86
Original post by Mike93L
Same. The admissions tutor at ucl was very nice :smile: he was the one who interviewed as well and I got an offer letter saying it was nice meeting me. I'm not sure if it meant me specifically or all those interviewed though..

I'm yet to get an offer (going to an open day though, so fingers crossed!) so I wouldnt know - but my admissions tutor was REALLY helpful during the whole application process, it was like he was just having a chat to me - lovely :awesome:
Reply 87
Queens Belfast is awesome at responding to emails
Reply 88
Original post by Lewis :D
You're quite right about Southampton, whenever I email them they always reply within a couple of hours on weekdays, the other unis take days.

And then in the week leading up to results day, you get another postcard wishing you luck. :smile:
School of Law at QMUL. Not only did they reply to my emails straight away, but they also let me change my course and provided alternate open day dates when I said I wanted to come but couldn't. So nice of them <3
Bhirmingham was least friendly. The rest of my choices were more helpful (Southampton/Nottingham/St Andrews)
Cambridge were extremely friendly last year when I applied. They gave me free accommodation on 2 separate visits as well as free lunch. The admissions people were always so friendly and helpful, although the interviewers were terrifying. They followed up my rejection with a really nice e-mail wishing me luck and encouraging me to consider applying for post-grad. All in all nice to deal with.

UCL were the least nice to me. I got rejected without an interview and when I asked for feedback I just got a sniffy template e-mail saying they can't give individual feedback on applications. But maybe I'm just bitter. :tongue:
i got a birthday card message from Aberdeen/ Riber Gordon last year :biggrin: cant remember which one though
I got a really nice personal email from Sheffield telling me I'd got an offer a few days before it showed up on Track :smile: Surrey have also been great with sending me info, letters etc, really good at organising their UCAS days AND they sent me a very nice Christmas card :biggrin:
Reply 94
Southampton sent me the postcard when I applied and when I got an offer they sent me a congratulations on your offer email, they are so nice they have sent me the same email 5 times and apparently I've changed my name to "first name":biggrin:

I do agree that southampton seemed the most friendly.
Reply 95
My brother, after his interview for Physics at Surrey, had a letter from the Academic who interviewed him sent to his UCAS referee saying how wonderful he was and they sincerely hoped that he would Firm with them. :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by Roscosmos
Southampton sent me the postcard when I applied and when I got an offer they sent me a congratulations on your offer email, they are so nice they have sent me the same email 5 times and apparently I've changed my name to "first name":biggrin:

I do agree that southampton seemed the most friendly.

And they're just as nice when youre a student there. :smile:
Original post by Forget that
Lol I think i got interviewed by the same person!! Haha thats quite funny. She was not what i expected at all. I has never studied war poetry in my life but i blagged my though- as you do :biggrin:

Haha, was her name Rhiannon Moss or something similar? She gave me An Irish Airman, which is one of my favourite poems so I just waffled about that. :biggrin:
Reply 98
It's between Lancaster who sent me a very personalised offer letter relating to my PS and Hull who rang me to check some details and immediately gave me an offer over the phone.

The worst is Sussex who I have had nothing from apart from my offer!!
Original post by DrinkYourMilk
Haha, was her name Rhiannon Moss or something similar? She gave me An Irish Airman, which is one of my favourite poems so I just waffled about that. :biggrin:

Yes, that was her and the same poem! :smile:
Did you go on the day when the projector wasn't working? I thought that was quite ironic, as they were boosting about the new equipment as a main selling point to go there :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending