The Student Room Group

Glasgow PGDE (History) Interview

Hi guys, how are you doing?

I have an interview for the above course at the beginning of February and am currently doing some preparation for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of having attended an interview for Glasgow - for this course or any other - or just generally had any advice or reading material that they could recommend?

The format of my interview is:

* A written task on a teaching related topic.
* A group discussion on pupil perspectives of effective teaching (with references to the importance of the affective domain and which teaching styles prove most effective)
* An individual interview.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Take care and thank you.

**Please not I am NOT asking any information that is not in the public domain or specifics about what is likely to be asked in my interview so as to gain an advantage in any way. I am only interested in general advice or any helpful reading material. Thank you!**
Reply 1
Hi There

I have an interview for Glasgow University for the PGDE Modern Studies course. My interview is in March 2013.

I see from your comment that you had a written task, group discussion and individual interview. All aspects of the process for me are the exact same as what you had.

Could you please give me some advice and tips regarding the interview, group discussion and written task, it would be a real help.

Cheers

Jamie
Original post by Larsson_07
Hi guys, how are you doing?

I have an interview for the above course at the beginning of February and am currently doing some preparation for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of having attended an interview for Glasgow - for this course or any other - or just generally had any advice or reading material that they could recommend?

The format of my interview is:

* A written task on a teaching related topic.
* A group discussion on pupil perspectives of effective teaching (with references to the importance of the affective domain and which teaching styles prove most effective)
* An individual interview.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Take care and thank you.

**Please not I am NOT asking any information that is not in the public domain or specifics about what is likely to be asked in my interview so as to gain an advantage in any way. I am only interested in general advice or any helpful reading material. Thank you!**

Hi there,

I also have an interview for Glasgow but for Business Ed. The assessment centre provided similar information but wondering if you have any hints/tips after attending yours? Literally not been to an interview in years and the fact its for teaching makes me extra nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending