The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Education at Cambridge... am not impressed with their lack of organisation today!
Reply 781
Original post by Kalliope
Great, thank you :smile:

Just had a letter with my reading list for the Eton Summer School (anyone doing that?) and am so excited! Made up for Sutton stress :grin:

I'm doing the Eton Summer School! :smile: I'm doing History, what about you? I'm expecting to receive a reading list, but I haven't yet :/

Oh, and I haven't heard back from Cambridge yet either, so I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day!
Reply 782

I think I'm going to be more upset if you two don't get in than if I don't, in all honesty! Good luck :smile:

awwww....thanks...well i hope you get in now...best of luck !!! :wink:
Original post by EsmeA
I'm doing the Eton Summer School! :smile: I'm doing History, what about you? I'm expecting to receive a reading list, but I haven't yet :/

Oh, and I haven't heard back from Cambridge yet either, so I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day!

I'm doing English, so sort of similar. Are you in Common Lane House? I'm sure you will get one soon :smile:
Original post by choco.chip
same!! i don't think you can get the bursary unless you on the actual sutton school scheme. they may offer financial support depending on your family's income.

They do have a guaranteed bursary scheme based on family income:smile:
I think its:
up to £15000 income = £3000
£15001 to £25000 income = £2000
£25001 to £35000 income = £1000
£35001 to £42600 income = £750
:smile:
Reply 785
I'm doing English, so sort of similar. Are you in Common Lane House? I'm sure you will get one soon :smile:

Yep, I'm in Common Lane House too! A boy from my year got in to do English too- I'm actually really excited about the whole thing, I have to say. The responses I got from a lot of people were more along the lines of "WHAT, why do school in the summer?!", so I'm not sure if they saw where I was coming from with that one :wink: nonetheless, very much looking forward to it!

Which Sutton Summer School did you apply to? :smile:
Original post by EsmeA
Yep, I'm in Common Lane House too! A boy from my year got in to do English too- I'm actually really excited about the whole thing, I have to say. The responses I got from a lot of people were more along the lines of "WHAT, why do school in the summer?!", so I'm not sure if they saw where I was coming from with that one :wink: nonetheless, very much looking forward to it!

Which Sutton Summer School did you apply to? :smile:

Awesome, I shall look out for you both! I don't know anyone who applied so a little bit intimidated to be honest :redface: Haha, the responses I got were pretty much all: "Eton? Isn't that really posh? I thought you were very left-wing?" (disclaimer: not VERY). Yep, me too. I'm off to Tanzania with my school immediately afterwards so it should be a hectic and incredible few weeks.
I haven't even got my letter yet! :angry:
Guess I'm not in then.
Reply 788
Original post by Appeal to reason
I haven't even got my letter yet! :angry:
Guess I'm not in then.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I haven't got my letter either, doubt I got in :s-smilie:
Reply 789
Awesome, I shall look out for you both! I don't know anyone who applied so a little bit intimidated to be honest :redface: Haha, the responses I got were pretty much all: "Eton? Isn't that really posh? I thought you were very left-wing?" (disclaimer: not VERY). Yep, me too. I'm off to Tanzania with my school immediately afterwards so it should be a hectic and incredible few weeks.

Well the only girl I know who's going from my school is staying in the other house, doing double maths and I don't reeeeally know her, so I'm pretty much in the same position as you are :smile: I also got "how come you're going to Eton?! You must be a boy lol" (How original and hilarious). Ah wow, have an amazing time!
Reply 790
I think I'm going to be more upset if you two don't get in than if I don't, in all honesty! Good luck :smile:

Wow, thanks! All will be revealed tomorrow or Monday I guess, and lots of luck to you too! :smile:
Has anyone at all applied for St Andrews? If not, I'm pretty much guaranteed a place :tongue:
Reply 792
I got into St Andrews for Maths & Statistics and Computer Science!!! :biggrin:
Really didn't think I'd get in because my guidance teacher spent a month struggling to verify my application (the people were really unhelpful) and we'd basically given up.

St Andrews sent out emails today if anyone's wondering.. Just waiting for my best friend to hear, does anyone know if they send out emails over a few days and if they send an email if you get rejected?

Oh and anyone going to St Andrews, let me know :smile:
Reply 793
Original post by shakeel95
Has anyone at all applied for St Andrews? If not, I'm pretty much guaranteed a place :tongue:

I applied :tongue: I got my email today, did you?
Reply 794
Original post by 06aclark
Has anyone applied for Law and politics at Nottingham?

I applied, haven't received a reply yet tho ><
Original post by aniqaaslam
I applied :tongue: I got my email today, did you?

Congratulations:smile:! No, I applied for Economics and International Relations, but I haven't received an email yet.... Do they not send a letter as well?
Reply 796
Original post by Aliyaa
I applied, haven't received a reply yet tho ><

I got some hefty letter in the post yesterday, might depend on where you live etc..

I got in and was just wondering If anyone actually applied for anything over than logic based subjects!
Reply 797
Original post by 06aclark
I got some hefty letter in the post yesterday, might depend on where you live etc..

I got in and was just wondering If anyone actually applied for anything over than logic based subjects!

Ahh thats great! Congrats :biggrin: Which of the criteria did you meet?
And oh okay, I was thinking it might be because of that .. I hope I get a letter real soon haha.
Here's a fun time waster... google the words "zerg rush"
Might take your mind off the of Sutton Trust :biggrin:
Reply 799
Original post by Aliyaa
Ahh thats great! Congrats :biggrin: Which of the criteria did you meet?
And oh okay, I was thinking it might be because of that .. I hope I get a letter real soon haha.

My grades aren't the best as I only got 5 A's which was the minimum requirement, but neither of my parents went to university, I'm pretty sure my school is below the national average for A-level results aswell. Not sure of all the criteria, just really happy I got a place! And I'm sure it will arrive soon haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending