The Student Room Group

Shadow the Sheepdog- Enid Blyton

I know this is a children's book, but i was wondering if anyone could remind me what it is about. I woke up this morning thinking about a book i read ages ago (year 4 to be precise) and i couldnt get back to sleep trying to remember the title.:stupido2: After searching on google for a while- i found 'Shadow the sheepdog' and i think this is the right book, but i cant remember what it was about or find a summary anywhere...

Any help would be appreciated (sorry for the weirdness!):dontknow:

Thanks

Vicki x:smile:
Reply 1
It's about Shadow; half sheep, half dog.

No, not really. IIRC(and I may not as I read it ages ago) there was a sheepdog who had puppies and all of them were given away except one: Shadow. This all took place on a farm obviously and a the boy who lived there, called Jim or some other typical Enid Blyton name, became Shadow's official owner. The book is basically about Shadow growing up on the farm, the issues he has with dealing with his teenage years and his silent rebellion against the other wise mendogs, though he does come onto good terms with them by the end of the book. There are various trials he has to face, like the sheepdog ones. And of course, fighting bulls and saving peoples lives from verocious winged creatures(sometimes called birds) and such.

:smile:
Reply 2
ok :smile: thanks.... i think it might be the right book. :biggrin: yay! i can sleep again
Reply 3
Is this the book that Thursday Next has to go into, in (I think) The Well of Lost Plots, by Jasper Fforde?

Latest

Trending

Trending