Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2012 *OFFICIAL* Sheffield 5yr Interviews /Offers/Rejections

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone ask when they will start making decisions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer letter in the post today!!

Track has not yet updated.

Best of luck to everyone, Iv got my fingers crossed!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilly23)
    Just got an offer letter in the post today!!

Track has not yet updated.

Best of luck to everyone, Iv got my fingers crossed!!!!
    Would you choose Sheffield 5 year 2012 entry or UCLan 4 year 2013 entry?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Framingham)
    Would you choose Sheffield 5 year 2012 entry or UCLan 4 year 2013 entry?
    Not a clue!!

I probably need to fit some head-scratching inbetween my degree work to suss out where I want to go...

Never been in this position before... Had straight rejections 3 years previously = 4th time lucky
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    EEEEEEEH just got my offer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing in the post from sheffield today, guess that's another rejection. Well done to everyone that has received an offer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indiankid1)
    Nothing in the post from sheffield today, guess that's another rejection. Well done to everyone that has received an offer.
    Royalmail have a habit of being slow particularly when you are expecting something really important. Sheffield did say they aimed to notify everyone inside 3 weeks, so Id sit tight till end of the month or give them a call?

Best of luck!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer in the post today so happy, deffo firming, where are people applying for accommodation?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer through the post on Saturday and it said that details of the offer are available on UCAS track, however, my track hasn't been updated yet? has anybody else's? I think I'm going to apply for endcliffe village definitely firming sheffield too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my track has not updated yet either
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilly23)
    Royalmail have a habit of being slow particularly when you are expecting something really important. Sheffield did say they aimed to notify everyone inside 3 weeks, so Id sit tight till end of the month or give them a call?

Best of luck!!
    Okay turns out I was being a drama queen, got my offer in the post today, and my track has updated too woohoo! Thank you for the reassurance haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay turns out I was being a drama queen, got my offer in the post today, and my track has updated too woohoo! Thank you for the reassurance haha
    haha! Really well done

Mine is still not updated :/

You firming sheffield?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear, you firming?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khmaxwell)
    I got an offer through the post on Saturday and it said that details of the offer are available on UCAS track, however, my track hasn't been updated yet? has anybody else's? I think I'm going to apply for endcliffe village definitely firming sheffield too!
    Don't worry everyone's in same position I think, yeah endcliffe is really nice, cycle track direct to the dental school too!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so on track it says AAA including Biology and Chemistry, no mention of my 3rd A level English Lit or anything saying it excludes general studies, will this offer include general studies then???? anyone else thinking the same?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "A levels:
    The minimum requirement for entry onto the programme is AAA, including Chemistry and Biology.
    The third A level may be in any subject. At Sheffield we do not give preference to any particular subject for this third A-level choice. Similarly preference is not given to applicants who are taking 4 A-levels or additional AS levels."

So looks like general studies or eng lit at grade A including A's in Chem and Bio will secure your offer
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i read that too but just wanted to make sure others read it in the same way, i already have an A in general studies so i thought it seemed too generous :s thanks though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where do people think is good for accommodation? Which one is close to the dental school/ the city centre? X
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liketeeth)
    Where do people think is good for accommodation? Which one is close to the dental school/ the city centre? X
    Endcliffe seemed the nicest when I visited, most of the city centre accommodation is international student so there not do much of a community
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patchey1000)
    Endcliffe seemed the nicest when I visited, most of the city centre accommodation is international student so there not do much of a community
    ahh okay thankyou, i havent looked round the accommodation, might make a trip up to sheffield soon but yeah from looking on the website i'm thinking endcliffe

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 2, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Dentistry Wiki Homepage

Quick Link:

Unanswered Dentistry Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.